• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2013-Fifth Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy & Campout

Even tho the pan was clean there was a lot of non magnetic metal in the oil filters. Have to find the source before I drive that far and just don't have the time this or next week.

Starkypdx

I'm a recent new owner of an m35a2 that I purchased this spring but due to title and insurance issues I haven't been able to drive it much to shake it down mechanically. Would it be okay if I came up in my pickup and visited and asked some questions and kick tires?

brianp454

Hey wait a second! How much beer will you bring? Can you turn a wrench? How about home-made salsa? Foot massage with a hot saltwater soak?

I'm hoping to have a group to meet up at Jubitz in N Portland on Friday and travel both ways together. Any extras appreciated.

I'm a recent new owner of an m35a2 that I purchased this spring but due to title and insurance issues I haven't been able to drive it much to shake it down mechanically. Would it be okay if I came up in my pickup and visited and asked some questions and kick tires?

Starkypdx

I'd be interested in following you guys up on Friday, if anything as a support vehicle. I will stay tuned to the thread and watch for the jubitz depart info. I do believe I can make a beverage donation to the event as well..

rolling18

also for Oregon the DMV registration part you can get a heavy vehicle temporary permit as many as you want they are not limited

Starkypdx

Yeah, I am currently registered /plated as antique in the state of Maine and may just leave it that way. Really it boils down to the road worthiness of the vehicle. I just don't know enough about it yet to take it 90 miles one way. Longest trip has been gresham to sandy at 45mph. I'm fairly excited to be able to look at multiple other vehicles in one spot though!

wsucougarx

Puget Sound "On the way to the rally convoy" 20JUL13 (Saturday morning)

Srodocker and I are planning our "On the way to the rally convoy" for Saturday morning (July 20th). We have done this convoy for the past couple years and will have the same meeting areas but much earlier departure times.

SRodocker's Convoy:
Meeting Place: Krispy Kreme's Tacoma Mall
Meeting Time: 0530 hrs
Departure Time: 0545 hrs

Wsucougarx's Convoy:
Meeting Place: I-5 South Exit 99 OFFRAMP, just south of Tumwater (Cannot park on the ON RAMP, only the Off Ramp just off I-5)
Meeting Time: 0615 hrs
Departure Time: 0630 hrs (FIRM TIME)

We need to leave earlier due to the 0800 hrs roll out for those participating in the "Static Display" area for the Napavine Funtime Event.

If you on joining us, please "Thank" this post.

Last edited:

brianp454

Anyone leaving for this event from Portland please let me know via PM. Planning to take the day off Friday and hope to join in with as many as possible.

Amer-team

Is anyone bringing a display with or other than their MV's for Saturday morning. In discussion with Aaron last weekend, we were thinking 10 or so vehicles for the parade and the rest, that would like, on display in the grassy field in front of the grocery store in Napavine. We will figure out exactly what we will do for a display, the morning of, when we see who and what types of vehicles are participating. We should have plenty of room and it may be interesting to line vehicles up by age. To demonstrate a progression of the lineage of vehicles. See you all Saturday.

Amer-team

I would say if we have volunteers that wish to do the parade. I am thinking of doing the display only as I will be setting other display items out. At the end of the parade, everyone that wants can come set up in the display area as well. This is a good point Mike. Perhaps we set the display, then certain vehicles can go do the parade and then come back to their spots in the display. any not wanting to display could head back to Aaron's. His house is less than 2 miles from the display area.

Amer-team

Mike, could 1st Sgt. Gifford tag along with you guys, meeting at Exit 99 at 0615? His only limitation is that he will be driving his 43 CCKW and it only does about 45. He doesn't want to slow you guys down, but wouldn't mind some back up in case something happens. He is not on this site and I will let him know what you think. Peter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks