• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2013-Fifth Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy & Campout

Amer-team

Move in Night

100_3494.jpg100_3489.jpg100_3490.jpg100_3492.jpg100_3493.jpgHere are a few pics of some of the preliminary attenders to this event. Missed a couple of them but you get the idea.

Took the M54 out to Aaron's tonight and on the way on I-5, right where it turns from 2 to 3 lanes, had someone decide to pass me on the right. I had my signal on, was watching a car merging on the ramp, looked in the left mirror, and started to move over to the new third lane, as I crossed the line, caught movement of the small white car in the round mirror. Hope he made his trousers moist. Worst part is he could have scratched my paint.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anticipation is starting to catch up to me now. Just one more day for me. Got to work until 1700 hrs tomorrow. I'll have 4 hours of day light to wrap things up for the drive Saturday morning. Just need a couple more days;-)
Ditto, except I don't get off until 1900 tomorrow night, and I still have to swap fuel filters (spin on mod) and install the CB/antenna.

Looks like I'm getting up early tomorrow.

As far as rolling slowdown, I have more than enough warning power to my rear, so if we do need to slow down/stop, I've got plenty of amber to the rear..

brianp454

Right now we've got the following meeting in North Portland at Jantzen Beach at 6PM:
Starkeypdx Rich in a Silvery dodge pickup truck crew cab 2006
Josh will be towing a WC54 ambulance

flatdog555 is also coming, but will not be able to ride up with us. I'll try to have a spot waiting for him when he gets in, likely after dark.

HardhatD

Hey Mike,

If it's not too late...we would like to "request" being in the parade. Since we are leaving bright and early from North Seattle area there is no way to make the 8 AM static display departure. The 9:30 departure is doable. If you already have it all finalized or don't get this in time- no biggie.

Thanks,

HardHatD (+3) and our tan Humvee :)

wsucougarx

Hi James, actually I was thinking about having you towards the front/lead us in the parade. Not sure if Aaron is in the parade or not. If not, then please lead our column. I don't want your kids to smell all the diesel fumes from all the 5 tons;-). So yes, that would be outstanding to have you in the parade.

Last edited:

srodocker

So as Of right now my truck isnt ready. I'll start on it at 4 or 5 to get the darn windshield bolted up. Amram will lead the doughnut convoy if I cant show. I will show up to the rally though.

I got robbed this morning while the wife and I were at work. Tools and fuel cans among other gear was taken from my deuce. Neighbor was able to get description of the truck that literally backed up in my driveway and had a free for all. Police reports have been filled. Its dark and already worked about 16 or so hours today. so im going to catch some shut eye and see if I can get that windshield bolted up or strapped on tomorrow morning

rolling18

well there be anyone going who has a way to remove the front lug nutz off wheels? I have to put spacers in front and I don't have the right size socket.. Grr! (i want to do the off road thing) need clearance
eh nevermind I'll just try to stop at one of the truck stops on the way up and have it done

alright will also be bringing out some extra vehicle body parts for free as well as a 24 volt pump I would like to sell

Last edited:

Amer-team

If you guys can give me a buzz when you are ready to pull out of exit 99 southbound, in case everyone is there and you go a few minutes early, 360 870 0706.

James we expect anyone that wants to do the parade to do it and we will have a space for everyone that wants to pull in and show for a bit. We will make a decision then on when to pull back to Aaron's and line up for the convoy part. We may make a stop in Centralia at my old store, on the convoy run. I have military stuff there.

Scott sorry to hear about the stuff. Did you get a locate on this person yet? See you all in a few hours.

REO 54

Sorry folks,try as may I just can't pull it off to come this year. To much going on with trying to keep the business going and being a care giver for my wife.

I look forward to enjoying the rally vicariously through the PNW thread. Hope to try for next year.

Cheers all, REO

Sorry folks,try as may I just can't pull it off to come this year. To much going on with trying to keep the business going and being a care giver for my wife.

I look forward to enjoying the rally vicariously through the PNW thread. Hope to try for next year.

Cheers all, REO
Misery love company. I don't feel so alone missing out this year now.
I was really depressed because this year I was gonna' get that winch off your truck while you weren't looking.
If I had made it, it would have been a wasted trip. Well with the exception of the food and friends and trucks and parade..................................................

usmc deuce cpl

I guess this is what I get for being off site for a while, but I have a bone to pick. What happened to August? I guess i'll have to keep up more this next year. I'm Sure all had fun like usual.

AaronW

I guess this is what I get for being off site for a while, but I have a bone to pick. What happened to August? I guess i'll have to keep up more this next year. I'm Sure all had fun like usual.
Glad you're alive and well Dave. Sorry you missed it. Go ahead and mark down the third weekend in July for next year! We missed you, Tony, and our favorite red and white fire deuce. A few others also made an effort to get here and just fell a bit short.

usmc deuce cpl

Its been busy this year. I got a promotion this year and then took on more duties to boot. I think I had sucker written on my forehead. Anyways hope all had fun.

Amer-team

Napavine Parade display 2013

100_3515.jpg100_3514.jpg100_3518.jpg100_3517.jpg100_3520.jpg100_3513.jpgFirst off, if you haven't been to this event before and you wondered if you should, get there. Aaron and Amber are the best hosts that one could imagine for an event such as this. Not many of us have a place that we could host 40 or 50 MV's let alone make sure that the attendees get fed once in awhile. This is a top drawer event.
Time to get some pictures going here. Most of these pictures were from the display in town and the people that went in the parade. This year forces were split with some doing the display, some the parade and then those in the parade joining in with the display afterwards. We got there about 0830 and stayed on display till about 1400. Even with no advertising that we would be there, with 35 vehicles and trailers, many people wandered through the vehicles and enjoyed the displays.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks