• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Amram

Erik's surplus sells this stuff called super rope. It's like .90 a foot. Clinto swears by this stuff. Another place to look is a boating supply store. This stuff is about the same consistency as small boat mooring lines. On a side note my auberins EGT probe came in. Who would like to give me a hand installing this thing.

ABN173

I also ordered 20' of super rope on e-bay for about the same price. seller name "deuceseller" prompt shipping. I really do not need any was just a impulse buy that was cheap. Let me know if you need what I have.

-Dale

hwcurtice

I also ordered 20' of super rope on e-bay for about the same price. seller name "deuceseller" prompt shipping. I really do not need any was just a impulse buy that was cheap. Let me know if you need what I have.

-Dale
I'd like to see if this would work in my application. The site says this can't be 'knotted' and I can't think of any way to tie it down otherwise. They show a picture of it going through loops for the truck cover. The m101a2 has eyelets for the tiedowns.

If it will work, I'll take it off your hands. I know you're overseas, so where is it located now?

ABN173

I'd like to see if this would work in my application. The site says this can't be 'knotted' and I can't think of any way to tie it down otherwise. They show a picture of it going through loops for the truck cover. The m101a2 has eyelets for the tiedowns.

If it will work, I'll take it off your hands. I know you're overseas, so where is it located now?
I'll be back sooner than you think:beer:

Amer-team

You could also go back to the older school manila rope for your trailer top tie downs. My M416, M100, and M715 tops have manila and they work just fine. A couple of half hitches and you are good to go. You would want to whip off the cut end with a couple wraps for OD duct tape. the rope is cheap and available at any hardware store. The newer nylon rope is generally pretty stiff.

Stalwart

The site says this can't be 'knotted' and I can't think of any way to tie it down otherwise.
I bought a roll of the stuff. I use it to secure the entire HEMTT cargo cover with the exception of the 4 corners where I have to cinch the ends really tight. I knot mine just fine and make loops for the ends for quick attachment.

Amer-team

It is a 100 percent go for Saturday. Send a note if you see the long bearded guy with a bunch of animals following him.
Talked with the museum yesterday and they have about 70 tables reserved for this event inside and we will be taking over the outside. From reserved tables this will be their biggest event and poor weather is good as people will want to come because they can't do other outside stuff. I will probably be bringing the ambulance and a jeep as the 5T is down right now and the 715 has a water leak that needs attention.

hwcurtice

Not really sure if I can make this, even though it sounds like fun...

My rebuilt transmission, on my Dakota, decided it needed to overheat, again...
So it's back to the shop to find out why the work they did can't hold up to 8 months of use or 20k miles....

Oh, and this was after towing my trailer for the better part of a day too. Something went FUBAR....

bshupe

Summer Rally

Sorry if I missed it. Was a final date established for the convoy and camp-out/rally in Chehalis this summer? I would like to bring my sons but need to get it on the calendar now if possible.

Thanks!

Amram

Lol yep my air actuated wipers work like a champ. I am just upgrading the blades and arms with shiny new commercial off the shelf pieces that should make the wipes even more efficient.

wsucougarx

Say, Mike, where's that story of your recovery from last week? Or did I miss it?
You haven't missed anything Harold. I haven't felt well enough to get a recovery thread going just yet. As of today, my 102 degree fever, headache, cough, nausea, diarrhea, and a just a general crappy feeling just started to diminish. Albiet, I had a cold when I went down for the recovery trip. However, sleep deprivation coupled with not eating blew this cold into a raging miserable one. I probably won't have anything done until this weekend. In fact, all my recovery gear etc are still in the truck. I haven't even gone out to check her out since I've been home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks