• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

wsucougarx

Sorry if I missed it. Was a final date established for the convoy and camp-out/rally in Chehalis this summer? I would like to bring my sons but need to get it on the calendar now if possible.

Thanks!
Good question, no idea of what's going on with the Chehalis rally this year. Aaron's been reallllllllllllly busy with work and hasn't been around much.

hwcurtice

You haven't missed anything Harold. I haven't felt well enough to get a recovery thread going just yet. As of today, my 102 degree fever, headache, cough, nausea, diarrhea, and a just a general crappy feeling just started to diminish. Albiet, I had a cold when I went down for the recovery trip. However, sleep deprivation coupled with not eating blew this cold into a raging miserable one. I probably won't have anything done until this weekend. In fact, all my recovery gear etc are still in the truck. I haven't even gone out to check her out since I've been home.
Well, then Mike, you're under direct orders to get better as soon as possible. :deadhorse:

Yeah, like you haven't heard that before, right?
Still, start feeling better.

hwcurtice

Dale,

Are you attending the Olympia thing tomorrow?

If so, is anyone from the Northend going as well? Northend being Everett or that area?

If so, Dale, I'd like to get that Super rope from you, I just can't get to the event this weekend. If someone could front the money, I'd appreciate it, or I could PayPal it over. Oh, and bring it North as well...

Someone let me know.

Much appreciated on all parts, if possible.

ABN173

Dale,

Are you attending the Olympia thing tomorrow?
If so, Dale, I'd like to get that Super rope from you, I just can't get to the event this weekend. If someone could front the money, I'd appreciate it, or I could PayPal it over. Oh, and bring it North as well...
Harold,

I am thinking of attending, I do need to get my temp tag "trip ticket" first like today. I will not be staying the whole event. My wife has to work at 3pm and I have a long list of stuff I need to do as well, but I should make it a few hours at least. Paypal works, if something falls through the cracks I can mail it out to you as well.

-Dale

hwcurtice

Harold,

I am thinking of attending, I do need to get my temp tag "trip ticket" first like today. I will not be staying the whole event. My wife has to work at 3pm and I have a long list of stuff I need to do as well, but I should make it a few hours at least. Paypal works, if something falls through the cracks I can mail it out to you as well.

-Dale
Well, let me know either way. I can Paypal on Monday, if no one can transport it north and add for shipping.

Amer-team

Hello Team,
Teri at the Olympic Flight Museum is looking to borrow a Water buffalo trailer for the Father's day weekend air show. It has to be in good shape for potable water. They need it for furnishing water to food vendors. Some one lent one last year, but that person has apparently moved. Any of the gang have one they could lend? We will find someway to get it there if we need to.

wsucougarx

Hey guys, I may not be able to make it to Olympia. I'm at 90% status with this cold/flu. However, the the rest of my family got hit pretty good by it. Looks like I'll be playing Corpsman tomorrow and getting everyone patched up and good to go. Probably would be a good time to go and finally look at my newest acquisition....no joke, I haven't even been out to look at her.:oops:. Plus starting week after next, I've got two weeks of leave;-). Time to start the M923 project.

Amer-team

Rats! am finishing loading and will be on my way. Am doing an Operation Varsity display today. March 24th 1945. 17th AB.

Hope to see you all there.
P

Amram

Thanks for everyone that helped me get my butt down to Olympia today. Especially Dale. :beer: He drove all the way up to my house to help me boost my deuce with the NATO slave plug ports. Little did we know for some reason the wires were hanging under the truck disconnected. 30 minutes go by before we discover this.:lol: I definitely felt like an idiot after that.aua I went out and bought 2 new deep cycle batteries for the truck and it fired right up and we were on our way. We arrived fashionably later after picking up Dale's "Big Red" as I have dubbed it. I am still jealous of that truck.:drool: As the old saying goes better late than never. On a side note I happily paid $30 for a $300 dollar David Clark headset.

hwcurtice

Harold,

-Dale
Dale,
So, was anyone headed this far north? If not, please let me know...

ABN173

Dale,
So, was anyone headed this far north? If not, please let me know...
Harold,

I did not hear that anyone was headed that way, things were rather crazy and I was in a rush all day. Pretty much started when Mike called me with truck starting issues. I was only there for maybe an hour and a half or so. I'll drop it in the mail on Monday for you. Send me a PM with your address.

-Dale

Amer-team

Thank you for the turnout today. The Museum manager was impressed and pleased. Dale somehow in the confusion I missed you today, thank you for bringing big red. I will get some pictures posted tomorrow, am beat now. Got home and unloaded the display stuff, cleaned and lubed gear and now it is time to be done for the day.

Talked with a few of our folks today about turning out for the OFM airshow, fathers day weekend. Space is a premium there for non aircraft, but I think there is a place in the infield that we could maybe sneak into if there is an interest. Will bring this up with the Museum director soon. And will keep you posted.
We would most likely have to be in position by 1000 and then are there until the show is over in the afternoon, usually around 1600.
chime in with what you think about this idea.

hwcurtice

Thank you for the turnout today. The Museum manager was impressed and pleased. Dale somehow in the confusion I missed you today, thank you for bringing big red. I will get some pictures posted tomorrow, am beat now. Got home and unloaded the display stuff, cleaned and lubed gear and now it is time to be done for the day.

Talked with a few of our folks today about turning out for the OFM airshow, fathers day weekend. Space is a premium there for non aircraft, but I think there is a place in the infield that we could maybe sneak into if there is an interest. Will bring this up with the Museum director soon. And will keep you posted.
We would most likely have to be in position by 1000 and then are there until the show is over in the afternoon, usually around 1600.
chime in with what you think about this idea.
I like it. Only thing is, I need to check my baseball schedule. ;-)

Amer-team

Look at the brightside, you burned up any old fuel that you had and are ready to put good clean fuel in the tank. My 5T gets a good solid 3 MPG. Of course that is in all around driving and not just highway. My guess is that it gets 3.1 on Hwy and 2.9 around town. :-D

Amram

Look at the brightside, you burned up any old fuel that you had and are ready to put good clean fuel in the tank. My 5T gets a good solid 3 MPG. Of course that is in all around driving and not just highway. My guess is that it gets 3.1 on Hwy and 2.9 around town. :-D
Sheesh...I will shut up now. I am lucky to have my 13mpg then.:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks