• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

wsucougarx

Contact the Les Schwab in Fife. They seem to be getting military tires. I would imagine they can get their hands on thr wheels youre looking for. Brad is just a middle man, he gets his tires from someone else apparently

goodguyzy

I would like to know about these scrap tire contracts, not only at JBLM but other locations as well. Sounds like another GSA investigation story.

ABN173

Thanks Zy, I was on a extremely limited budget which is why I was bidding on the lots of 12-16 tires. I would have to sell off the extra of course to get them down to the price I had in mind which was around $75 per tire. I have already paid for these thinking they were complete. Scott is trying to run damage control and has a lead or two that may pan out. Brad says he can perhaps get 4 wheels from FT Lewis next week (not sure if that means more $$ or not) I saw many lots over last two months but I let them go by since I thought I had four complete tires already. Now there are none at the moment, even nation-wide.

I'm not mad at any person involved, just upset at the situation which seems out of my control. This day in general has been a "wash" started with the Dish network guy showing at 1300 for 0800-1200 appointment. Man I really wanted to install these this weekend...

-Dale

ABN173

Dale, Try looking on craigslist for for any 16.5x8 or 16.5x10 rims. There were alot of those in the a chevy 8 lug down here for 10-50 bucks a rim. Any 16.5 with a 8 x 6.5 patter will works for ya.

Here is 5 rims and tires for 200.
GM truck wheels, 8 lug
Josh thanks for the help, I know the issue can be resolved by throwing more money at the problem. This was supposed to be a sub $600 project. I'm tapped out after buying the deuce (and the registration) and the parts (back spacers and zero rate leaf blocks) I bought these tires awhile back thinking they were like the ones on GL and complete. This whole project which I had hoped to be finished by sunset today has come to a screeching halt.

-Dale

ABN173

If need be dale, I could come up with 100 bucks to loan ya to get ya on the road.
Thanks again Josh, I have CC I can tap into if I have to do so. I want to stay with Authentic HMMWV Mil tires/wheels if possible. I almost did not want to do this mod but I have seen some active duty trucks doing this including some CUCV's I saw in Afghanistan so I decided to go ahead. I won't put civy rims on it. Besides I already bought the back spacers for the HMMWV wheels.

Josh

Thanks again Josh, I have CC I can tap into if I have to do so. I want to stay with Authentic HMMWV Mil tires/wheels if possible. I almost did not want to do this mod but I have seen some active duty trucks doing this including some CUCV's I saw in Afghanistan so I decided to go ahead. I won't put civy rims on it. Besides I already bought the back spacers for the HMMWV wheels.
!
No problem Dale. I was just thinking of a cheap way to get you going until the budget allowed for hmmwv rims.:beer:

Amer-team

Shoot and I was going to make you a deal on a set of civy wheels that you couldn't refuse. i bought them for the tires to put on the ambulance and have not gotten to it yet.
Could you put a pic up of what you are looking for. The link that was put up a few posts back doesn't look like what I think you are looking for, except for the tires.

Amer-team

Back to Jhigh's question about OFM airshow, on June 16-17. I think a few of the guys are wanting to go. You know how tight display and parking space is around there. Am trying to get with Terry to work see if we can work something out for SS folks.

Also second call, does anyone have a water buffalo or water truck that holds potable water. Teri at the flight museum needs to borrow one for the airshow to furnish water to the food vendors. I am going to try to check with a couple of government agencies and see if we could borrow one.

ABN173

examples

I'll attempt to do so, what I needed and thought I was getting is on the left, what Brad had for me on the right. These are just examples not actual ones.

edit: the third pic is the look I am going for.

-Dale

Attachments

Last edited:

ABN173

Also second call, does anyone have a water buffalo or water truck that holds potable water. Teri at the flight museum needs to borrow one for the airshow to furnish water to the food vendors. I am going to try to check with a couple of government agencies and see if we could borrow one.
If it comes down to borrowing one, may be able to do something. I'll run it by my CDR. I was watching that request to see if somebody had one already. I did not want to just come out and offer assistance yet since I will need to run that through my Command first. Our system will be at post deployment reset or I'd bring a drone out.

-Dale

hwcurtice

Thank you, Dale, for the Super Rope.

Now on to the next part of the mission: Finding parts that will hold for looping in the eyes in the cover. And for making hooks or what not for hooking onto the trailer hooks.

Thoughts? Hardware store was a no go. I'm not sure if the original bindings can be reused for this.

Amer-team

Thanks for the look at the H2O question. Someone lent one last year, but they have moved away.

the split rim wheels look cooler, but the other rims, look like M101 rims and they don't look bad to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks