• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

ABN173

Thank you, Dale, for the Super Rope.

Now on to the next part of the mission: Finding parts that will hold for looping in the eyes in the cover. And for making hooks or what not for hooking onto the trailer hooks.

Thoughts? Hardware store was a no go. I'm not sure if the original bindings can be reused for this.
Sent you a PM with links, let me know if they help.

-Dale

Amer-team

Think I am missing part of this looping question, but if you are looking for trailer tie downs, go to someone that builds trailers, such as a welding shop. They will have a catalog and be able to get you just about whatever you want. If you were over here, I would send you to one of the RV supply stores that also sells trailer parts.

ABN173

Harold has the super rope but it does not have the ends or fasteners. I think he was was considering looping the free running end back onto itself and using a clamp or binding to form a "loop" I sent him a few links to where he can get the proper hook ends for super rope.

-Dale

wsucougarx

Oh okay, I thought he was going to run the super rope down the length of the trailer like our mv cargo covers. Makes me wonder why the military didn't do that in the first place.

ABN173

Oh okay, I thought he was going to run the super rope down the length of the trailer like our mv cargo covers. Makes me wonder why the military didn't do that in the first place.
You are not off the mark. He may still be doing that, still have to figure out the ends and he may need to add some hooks on the trailer too.

Stalwart

I just weave my ropes down the side of the cover and tied a common knot at the end. I secure the loops on the ends first and then just pull down the rubber ropes to the tie downs on the bed. Fast and secure!

I also got my tiedowns at Murray, they gave me a killer deal when I bought like 30 of them.

Attachments

Stalwart

Thanks Mike, there are a few ideas left in my :beer: warped mind.

It is astonishingly quick to secure now, even my kids do it aside from tightening the ends of the cover with the ropes, if they were taller, they could even do that.

jhigh

Back to Jhigh's question about OFM airshow, on June 16-17. I think a few of the guys are wanting to go. You know how tight display and parking space is around there. Am trying to get with Terry to work see if we can work something out for SS folks.

We should have more than enough space in our grass area for anyone who wants to come.

hwcurtice

You are not off the mark. He may still be doing that, still have to figure out the ends and he may need to add some hooks on the trailer too.
Well, the plan was just to replace the rope with the super rope and use it like the old rope. Loop it in the eyes and then, because it doesn't tie like the old rope, I was going to get hooks, like bungie cords...

I'm not sure looping it through the eyes and then tying down will work right for me...

jets1959

Harold has the super rope but it does not have the ends or fasteners. I think he was was considering looping the free running end back onto itself and using a clamp or binding to form a "loop" I sent him a few links to where he can get the proper hook ends for super rope.

-Dale
Where can I buy some of this super rope? I have searched the web with no luck.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Erik's Military Surplus lists the super rope on their web page. I've often wondered if it might be the same as one of the kinds of cord stock available from industrial suppliers like McMaster-Carr, but I haven't tried ordering any to compare yet.

Stalwart

I got mine on eBay and bought a 100' roll of the stuff pretty cheap. You pay quite a bit more per foot at Eric's, or at least it was.

Amram

Who would like to partake in a burger burn in the next week or so? I will be doing the burnin everyone brings stuff to share with each other that can be consumed via the oral orifice. Lemme know.

Amer-team

Amram, thank you for the great offer. I think there is an MV run to the Harley Dealership in Fife on April 21st. and on April 28th, there is a luncheon for the WW2 Battle of the Bulge guys. If you want to hang with some really neat folks that were there and did that, this is the crowd and they are falling fast. Lunch is 17 per person and you have to get your registration in, so they can order from the hotel. We will be doing some WW2 displays inside and the Friends of Willie and Joe group will be bringing WW2 vehicles. Several of the guys stayed in and did Korea and Vietnam as well.

Wolfen

Amram, thank you for the great offer. I think there is an MV run to the Harley Dealership in Fife on April 21st. and on April 28th, there is a luncheon for the WW2 Battle of the Bulge guys. If you want to hang with some really neat folks that were there and did that, this is the crowd and they are falling fast. Lunch is 17 per person and you have to get your registration in, so they can order from the hotel. We will be doing some WW2 displays inside and the Friends of Willie and Joe group will be bringing WW2 vehicles. Several of the guys stayed in and did Korea and Vietnam as well.
Whate are the Details on the Battle of the Bulge Luncheon? Location, Time, Contact person? I would be willing to bring my WC54. :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks