• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Amer-team

Hope I am not violating a site rule, but will try to put the VBOB luncheon registration on this as an attachment. Was just getting ready to print it out and get mine sent in as well. Looks like it was to be in by yesterday. So if you are interested in attending, get it in quick or give Beth and Jim a call and let them know what you have going.

The WC 54 sounds like a great addition.

Attachments

Amram

Amram, thank you for the great offer. I think there is an MV run to the Harley Dealership in Fife on April 21st. and on April 28th, there is a luncheon for the WW2 Battle of the Bulge guys. If you want to hang with some really neat folks that were there and did that, this is the crowd and they are falling fast. Lunch is 17 per person and you have to get your registration in, so they can order from the hotel. We will be doing some WW2 displays inside and the Friends of Willie and Joe group will be bringing WW2 vehicles. Several of the guys stayed in and did Korea and Vietnam as well.
I will see what I have going on schedule wise for those events. In the mean time if some guys would like to come up to my house and have a few steaks and burgers while helping me replace my head gasket that would be awesome. I have to rebuild my injector pump this week because it is leaking fuel and oil all over the place. Should be fun......:roll:

Amer-team

Keep us posted on the rebuild. I am slammed at work for the next two weeks and will be unable to be of much help. Hopefully after that will go to a dull roar around the office.

Just replaced the air compressor to air tank line on the 5 T. About 94 inches worth of braided stainless steel. I think when the guy told me the price, he waited to see if I would yell and how loud. It was pricey but should last for the next 25 or 30 years of the truck. The old copper line had too many kinks and finally gave up a crack.

Amer-team

Met a Marine on the way home from work today in Lacey. We got to talking and he hauled his family out this way from back east in an M35A2. He showed me camera phone pics and it looked to be a very nice truck. I told him about SS and he said that he had recently found it. So I suggested that he look up PNW to find the rest of us.

Amer-team

Ft. Lewis AFD May 19th. If anyone is interested in displaying at this event, if you would like I will put your name on my registration form. SR and I have talked and he is on. IF you are active duty, retired with your ID, and or have a base sticker on your vehicle, you won't have any problem getting in. If you pull up to the gate with none of the above and you are not on the approved list, you will have a problem. We send in the names, you are added to the list, and when you pull up, be ready to show your ID, vehicle registration, and insurance card, they then should direct you in.

This will be my 23rd year at this event, and I have seen security everywhere from open post, no gate guards, to full vehicle searches and weapons checks. The simplest rule, is if you are doing a display other than your vehicle, if weapons are involved, NO live ammo!

If you don't meet the other criteria and would like to be added to my list, under Friends of Kilroy, PM me please and I will get you on it. If you have questions or concerns, PM or please give a call. Peter 360 870 0706 Thank you.

Amer-team

Dale, I don't think you will have any problem. As for the layout, my guess is that that they will have the vehicles out side the baseball field perimeter fence or in the parking lot between the field and the old theater building. There should be plenty of room. I will bring a vehicle but am not sure what yet. Talked with a Vietnam era female medic today. My M38A1 is currently painted for her unit and she may come. If so will bring the A1 and let her have fun for the day. I will be on the field doing a WW1 display.

ABN173

Dale, I don't think you will have any problem. As for the layout, my guess is that that they will have the vehicles out side the baseball field perimeter fence or in the parking lot between the field and the old theater building. There should be plenty of room. I will bring a vehicle but am not sure what yet. Talked with a Vietnam era female medic today. My M38A1 is currently painted for her unit and she may come. If so will bring the A1 and let her have fun for the day. I will be on the field doing a WW1 display.
Not anticipating any issues either, just seemed you were running point on this. Let me know if I can help somehow.

-Dale

Amer-team

Thank you for the offer. Since you mention it, I might be in need of a bit of help pitching a couple of tents. If I can get Friday off, may come up in the afternoon and set up, if not, early Saturday morn. Will keep you posted on this as the event comes closer. Peter

ABN173

I am planning on doing a small get together on Saturday at Brad's place. Let me know if you guys want to come with. I am prolly going to be there all day.
I believe this is a after lunch event correct? Brad mention going to an antique auction in the morning. Or did something change I'm not tracking on?

-Dale

Amram

It is tentative for the afternoon time frame. Brad told me if he went to the antique show and was not interested in anything there he was going head straight back home. I would like to set the Muster time and point for 1000 at the Krispy Kreme by the Tacoma mall. I for one would like to sleep in a little bit.:twisted:

ABN173

Heads up, I had to help a friend unexpectedly and watch her Daughter since she was called into work, So now I have two kids to watch while my wife is at work. Anyway I may or may not make the 1000 link up.

ABN173

I won't be making it either. My son and I are going to PMCS the 923 this morning...weather permitting.
Mike, I just heard from the other Mike (Amram) he is headed to Krispy Kreme now, then to Brad's. I was about to head out the door when I discovered we have an extra kid over at the house now. Making one more than I have seat belts for. Seems my plans/schedule for today are not my own, and my wife is working all weekend.

-Dale

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks