• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It won't be at Winlock this year, the site owner has a lot going on and is unable to host.
I know a few of us are planning on the NW Overland Rally in Plain, WA June 16-19, and then after that there will likely be the Great Western FMTV Roundup again this year in Chehalis at the end of July or beginning of September (all vehicles are welcome; most of what show up are MTV/FMTVs that have been converted to overlanding rigs)
...And now the Great Western FMTV Roundup (which is being renamed to something overlanding related) is going to be at a different location as well, due to the person putting it on having to move. Should still be about the same dates as last couple years, but that makes 2 summer events getting changed so far.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Vietnam Vet Classic Car show in Bellingham is scheduled for 17 July 2022. I haven't seen a flyer yet, but found this info:

This is our 11th car show. All cars, trucks, and motorcycles welcome. There will be food vendors, raffle drawings, 50/50 drawing, dash plaques, and multiple trophies for several classes.
Vehicle registration fee is $20, no charge for spectators. Registration opens at 8am, show hours are 10am-3pm, All proceeds are used to help Whatcom County Veterans. Site address is 2211 Rimland Dr. Bellingham, Wa. 98226 located in the Barkley Village area.
To preregister go to website VVA165.org download a registration form when available and mail it with a check to: P.O. Box 29885 Bellingham Wa. 98228
For more info call (360) 733-5119 and leave a message. Our web site is not set up for online registration

Pre-registration isn't necessary, I've always just showed up and paid right then.
Bellingham is about 90 miles north of Seattle and 30 miles south of the border to Canada (1 hr to Vancouver).

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We need some stuff for us guys on the East Side of the Cascades in Washington State! I live 50 miles from Canada in the top middle of the state. Dam virus stuff has ruined a lot of good things in the works around here! Taking over 500 mile drives for a day outing is a lot of pain on my old body to do at once in my M1078!
Late to reply as
I just saw your post. I'm an hour east of Lewiston, ID.

Are you thinking Spokane or Coeur d'Alene? They are 3 hours by regular car for me so probably 4 in my deuce but I'm game. Been to both CDA is more beautiful.
There are several FMV owners in Northern Idaho that may be up for a meet.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
okay, thread is up for the rally in July this year.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The PNW Overland Rally in Plain, WA finally got their website together and set up for registrations.

June 16-19

sites are 20x20 feet in size, any bigger and you have to purchase a second 20x20 site.

Looks like prices are reduced for early registration. Early registration discount ends on May 7th from the look of it, so the sooner the better to get it taken care of.

Here is the link

I'm hoping we can get a few of us all registered for it and figure out a convoy route to meet up and go as a group.
Weather should be mild according to past reports, usually in the 70s and clear, but if it decides to be nasty there will be some covered area in my encampment (11x20 foot shelter, though my truck will be parked in it when necessary)

EDIT: Looks like they don't allow any vehicles more than 12 feet in height.
There is a box you have to check attesting to your truck being less than 12 feet tall, but then also a comment that some arrangements might be able to be made for vehicles over 12 feet high. No idea what arrangements or anything else, but thought it was important to add

Last edited:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
McCleary Bear Festival is having their annual parade. I'm registered for VFW and Pacific NorthWest Steel Soldiers for an entry, so if anyone wants to come down/up/over and join in just let me know.
2nd weekend in July, so weekend after 4th of July, and weekend before our yearly rally in Winlock.
I do have space for camping if anyone wants to stay overnight.
The parade is on Saturday the 9th at noon, so you'd need to have your vehicle lined up by 11am.

MrMikey4026

The Shelton event should be great fun. It is a group that I have displayed my tank engine with several times. Sign up will be at the entrance and there are no special requirements to display.
Sadly, after I said that I would be an there I was reminded that I will be off to the east coast by for a different adventure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks