• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

POS transmission

big hoss

i just finished rebuliding my tranny in the deuce, every thing is up to spec. My problem is that it dosent want to shift from second to third and when you let off the gas in second or third it makes a terrible skretching noise. Other than that its fine.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, you did not rebuild your trans...

Goose2448

Congrats on 12,000 Posts Mr. Head! A great day for no one. So I gather you do not know how to double clutch. Neutral Gear with a clutch engagement to and from neutral. Pretty simple. Just match your RPMs, and if you can do that you can float them too. But dont, Be easy on that tranny. Replace your syncros and see what happens

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not that impressive. 6000+ "do a search", 3000+ "It's in the TMs"... :razz:

big hoss

I can double clutch. It will go into gear but while in gear when I get off the throttle It makes a really bad squeeling noise.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you replace any bearings or bushings when you rebuilt it?

Did you properly set the preload on the bearings?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not that impressive. 6000+ "do a search", 3000+ "It's in the TMs"... :razz:
Reminds me of a Homer Simpson quote...and I'm paraphrasing because I don't remember it exactly...but he said "I had two children (at that time) and a job and somehow I still managed to fit in eight hours of TV." (insert SteelSoldiers for TV).
:beer:

big hoss

I replaced input and output bearings , second gear woodruff keys, and snap rings. And got the main shaft milled down. I put it back to gether they way the TM told me to.

Goose2448

Yeah something just dont sound right. Maybe you got some dirt in there. It happened to our 96 Caviler after it blew the first trans about 50 miles out of warranty. They did not clean it out too well and missed some dirt or something. It blew up with in 10 miles. Needless to say, they replaced it for free.