• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post your m37 pictures

majorhitt

Sorry about the garage mix up. Would be nice to have that garage and the toys inside. Like you said a MWO may have been issued to add the second mirror, I'm not sure. As for the Flag, I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to proper flag display. Too many people with all the good intentions display the flag improperly. A basic item is, from the viewer's point of view the field of blue shall be on left side of the flag,and the flag is to be free flowing ( not hung up on plants or building parts gutters railing etc). I stop and talk to people when I see the flag they have is flown improperly. Also in good condition, not torn or faded.

3dAngus

Two mirrors are always a good idea. If I can find or make a bracket for that right side, I'll add another, even though my father's did not have one, back in 1957-58. After finding out my M-37 was a Marine version, I decided to just go with that, even though it will not perfectly replicate my Dad's old truck at Ft. Richardson.

Attachments

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is part of the Arctic kit for the M-37. It is quite a kit, too. It has an insulated floor and that top is quilted and insulated. There is a solid, wooden, insulated full length door for the rear of the bed with solid walls on each side of the door (I've got a picture of the rear of the truck around here somewhere on the computer). It is a big kit. It takes up a lot of space in my storage unit.

A lot of work to install though.

Storm 51

3dAngus

Cannot tell you how many conventions and meetings I have been to where the flag has been hanging from the ceiling like this, military and civilian.

Yes, the doors are to the left and the flag is displayed for visitors entering from the outside. What you see is the back of the flag. You guessed it right the first time.

Last edited:

majorhitt

I would have to say that most flags when purchased come with a little sheet of paper with instructions on how to display the flag. However, the flag is removed from the package with the excitement of doing the right thing and being patriotic and the instructions discarded. As you mentioned in arenas the flag is usually displayed properly. What really gets me is to see the flag flown tattered or badly faded. That is disrespectful. I won't go on any further on this subject, this thread is about our vehicles. Thanks

3dAngus

I'm with ya on properly displaying the flag. I just don't understand where all this came from???

My flag is new, not faded, properly displayed for those outside coming in, and there are no tears.

It has never been outside in the weather, and is displayed hanging from the ceiling in the same manner as many of the conventions I have been to, military, and civilian, on Base, and off. Your comments suggest I have been disrespectful, something which I would never intentionally do.
\
Anyway, what JOY! I got my brakes fixed and it was a beautiful day for a drive. Turns out, this one is a real head turner. I have a leak in the oil gauge, which is new (oil gets pumped up to the dash and gauge), and the brakes need a little fine tuning which I will do when the wife gets home, but I drove it for about five miles to O'Reilleys for more parts and that is the most I have driven it since I purchased it this summer.

Cool trucks. I see why some people want to keep it to 45 mph. It might go more, but for the most part, at 45mph all it does it make more noise when you give it more gas once you get there. Truck drives great. I'm rejuvenated and enthusiastic about taking the next step toward refurbishing it. Next the hood comes off, and the bed gets stripped and completely refinished with a new paint job.

Keep those pictures coming.

Last edited:

majorhitt

Angus I'm sorry if you think I was saying your flag was in any way disrespectful. My comment was that the garage door was on the left and that made for a proper display of the flag. As for the faded and torn flag, I see these in my travels. Again Angus I'm sorry about the mix up

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a beautiful truck, rosims (post #127)! The M-42 is my favorite version of the M-37 series. You've done a wonderful job restoring that truck!

I didn't think Louisiana had any solid ground.

Storm 51

rosims

Thanks, I like the M-42 version myself. I will post some pictures of the inside (Radios, etc.) when I get a chance.

That is a beautiful truck, rosims (post #127)! The M-42 is my favorite version of the M-37 series. You've done a wonderful job restoring that truck!

I didn't think Louisiana had any solid ground.

Storm 51

Last edited:

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please do! I'd love to see more pictures of the interior (cab & bed), and any other details you'd care to share.

Storm 51

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice work! I really like the grease fittings being red. Nice touch.

I hope you post more pictures of your progress.

Storm 51

M-37Bruce

Bruce, yours is different than mine. My horizontal bolt holding the arm is between those lower 2 bolts on the triangle.

Steve
If you have the gas can carrier and strap bracket in place, you can't do it that way, just a thought. Storm's Fording Bracket should do the trick? Back in the day, all points of "Lubrication" were identified by a dab of red paint, I like it too, have done some red marks under the hood.

Last edited:

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a couple of articles in PS Magazine about the lube fittings and "red circles" around them back in the day. I deduced from reading the articles (or "Ask to Connie") that they were a hold over from WW II. They were apparently discontinued some time in the mid 1960's (I think).

I still like the idea though. It helps when lubing the truck and I like the way they look.

The vertical fording bracket just forward of the right hand door is not difficult to make if you can't find one. Try Midwest Military, I bet John has one. It is used to support the metal air intake tube for the carburetor.

Storm 51

majorhitt

I see where the grease fittings are you have something blue , is that tape? I've seen most lube fittings with a red circle or all red.