• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Practical uses for a Deuce

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, I bought mine because I always wanted one, and it makes the jacked up 4x4's look pretty weak.

Now, I use mine for work more and more. You will be surprised how many times you have to haul more than a pickup load of something. Best mod I did was adding a dump. Haul wood, trash, move peoples stuff, tow larger objects, winch out stuck vechicles.....

Dennis

Tackettr

Well in addition to all the fun stuff mentioned above. I convinced the wife I could save her tons of money by hauling her flowerbed materials; decorative rocks, bulk mulch, dirt, ect. To date, I think I have save $2.:-D But I got my toy!:-D:-D Actually, toys. I'm suppose to sell the second one but I don't bring that up!

Heavysteven

My reasons for justfing a Duece to me lady
1. Multifuel (i have source on waste oil)
2. Camping
3. Goal in Life to own "Big Rig" before I am 30
4. Hobby (something to do)
5. Going to Walmart:razz:

jrou111

1. Haul lots of something that may or may not need to be hauled
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epNHDMmPYzg[/media]

2. Run over something most people can't
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PacHrYHvfw4[/media]

3. Pull something most people can't
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/milita...5-video-added-pulling-out-semi-car-truck.html

4. Drive through rivers
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ir2sPdYoE[/media]

5. Wake up the neighbors
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KkZ-wVnDc[/media]

Bushman5000

An m109 makes a nice little(?) RV with a little work. Mine will have a queen size bed, sink, propane stove with oven, pergo floor, and a little wood burning stove tucked away in the corner. I have an m105 it can pull just fine that I'll use for storage or if I need to haul firewood or the like.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Other than I wanted one, no justific(ion was needed.

My wife learned the value of the truck during hurricanes Gustav and Ike, when the roads were (according to people who didn't own a deuce) "unpassable". We were able to make it into town over fallen trees/limbs, a couple feet of water and several areas where even I was concerned.

For some videos of other uses, go to YouTube - kendelrio's Channel and check 'em out!

ctmustang

dont worryyyyyyyyyyy about a reason -if you want something in this life you have to go after it. your better half will either learn to love it or hate it. after all its a big boys toy. one final thought were not getting any younger better hurry up. get that deuce. GOOD LUCK!

Sumoman

You can run a Cyclone 24 volt interior truck fan.. but you need that 24 volt system or you cannot buy it:-D

There is also a 24 volt drink mixer.. just promise to make a few Margareta's :beer:, she'll give in.

WPNS421

The reason I gave my wife after she mentioned that I had too many trucks(13), I asked her how much a fully decked our Harley Davidson costs. Who's needs an excuse or a valid reason. Owning an MV is like being on drugs you try it once and you can't wait to buy another truck.

mtk

You NEED a Deuce to properly tow your military trailers. Sorry - but they will look silly behind a Ford F350. And BTW - nothing will tow your Deuce as well as a Deuce...

One important word of advice - Never line up your military toys all in a row - they will always look to your wife exactly like a burning pile for $100 bills :roll:
Then line up all her shoes and start discussing resale value of the two competing line-ups. ;-)

ETA: WPNS421, that crane set-up has me insanely jealous!

Last edited:

wiggall

Last Fall my wife, and I hauled a load of firewood. Two days ago I brought a load of gravel home for our MUDDY DRIVEWAY!. This Spring we plan on bringing home a load or two of compost! Then there are the PARAIDES:!::!::!::!: FTG2 Wiggles USS EDSON DD 946 1969-1973

fabiodriven

My first deuce will be home tomorrow:driver:! I cannot fricken wait. Over the last month since I initially won it, people ask me every day "What are you gonna do with that?" I'm so sick of that question. I usually say "I dunno, drive it around I guess." I even have repeat customers that have already asked me but still feel compelled to ask again. I've always got stuff to haul, but that's really not the reason I wanted one. I just love 'em and they really aren't that expensive.

tm america

tell your wife its for a mid life crissis and you need the truck or a 21year old . just kidding anyone that needs a reason wouldnt understand anywayso just make up something.i use mine for hauling gravel,, dirt , lumber going camping you name it ive done it but i really like using mine to make people ask stupid questions:roll:

Militoy

An m109 makes a nice little(?) RV with a little work. Mine will have a queen size bed, sink, propane stove with oven, pergo floor, and a little wood burning stove tucked away in the corner. I have an m105 it can pull just fine that I'll use for storage or if I need to haul firewood or the like.
What's a "pergo" floor?

I like your idea for the camper - but I'm not sure which would cost more here in the desert - wood for a wood stove, or propane? I do burn scrap wood, and "squaw wood" that has washed down from the mountains onto the desert over the past 200 years or so - but firewood is definitely not so plentiful for gathering here as it is in "points east".

Do you use a carbon monoxide detector in your camper? One of my brothers is a fireman - and his horror stories have converted me on both smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) detectors.

Fat Jack

Welcome to SS. I was looking for a cheap used pick up truck, for general home use, i.e. grounds keeping, landscaping (mulch), hauling the occasional appliance, garden tractor, motorcycle, etc., and came across one for sale on Craigslist. I didn't know it was possible to buy one at the time, for any amount of money. Didn't like the one on Craigslist so started checking ebay and "discovered" lots of great deals. Was surprised to learn how cheap they are. Now own two and like most of the other guys here, love mine and although it's hard to justify having two, I'm OK with that. We got about a foot of snow in Richmond Sunday night in to Monday, not many snow plows around here, so I drove around the countryside early in the morning to cut paths down the road. Love the glad hands air connection too. Not even a question about whether or not to have a Deuce. Wish I had bought one many years ago.

ARYankee

I get the same question from people: What are you going to do with it? I tell them that it has tires, an engine, and steering wheel so that means I'm going to drive it :) A lot of people think I'm crazy or wasting my money. I tell them yes I am crazy and don't worry about how I spend my money worry about how you spend your money :) I've always wanted one and that is what I told my wife. Plus when I deer hunt with her family they all have 4 wheel drive trucks and all I have is a wee little 2 wheel drive S-10. So I told her I'm just going big and safe:)