• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Practical uses for a Deuce

Wild Horse Hans

For the price of a good used 1 ton pick up you could buy maybe 10 deuces from GL and the deuce will haul more, you can work on it yourself, by pouring used oil in the tank you are being "green", and it will outlast pretty much any 1 ton ever made.

JeremyB

I use mine to "manage" the saplings and old pine trees around my property.My wife uses it to get the grocerys, and I pulled a tractor out of a mud hole today:roll:.But the best use for my Deuse is an anti depressant.:-D

HowlingMad

Price check in aisle three...

So, what do you all think of the price of this one?
-Winch
-hardtop
-heater

At no extra cost is also has:
-rust on the hardtop
-hard starting in cold
-seats need to be replaced

They want about $4200.

Overall, it looks pretty ok to me, but despite all the good information on this site, I'm still not sure if there's something big I'm missing.

Thanks for all the great feedback.

Attachments

Pawnshop

They want about $4200.

Overall, it looks pretty ok to me, but despite all the good information on this site, I'm still not sure if there's something big I'm missing.

Thanks for all the great feedback.
Sounds OK to me, you might be able to save a few dollars buying one from GL but you really are buying a pig in a poke from them, unknown running condition keeps the prices lower than buying from an individual who has (theoretically) checked it over and has fixed the mechanical issues. Winch trucks are bringing more money around here so you have that going for you there.

Heavysteven

A truck on GL sold as follows 2 weeks ago in the south.

9,000 Miles
376 Hours
Hardtop
Winch
Heater
Cargo Cover

Unkown running condiition, etc. $3,700

I would offer $3,000, if everything works. It's a bad economy you know.

I priced the following from CSI in Tallaposa GA
Heater $478
Cargo Cover $600 & bows $38 each.

Good Luck with your purchase :-D

BMCUSNAVY

I use mine all the time. For fun I go to my buddys property and pull out pine trees that are nearly 2 feet in diameter at the base & nearly 80 feet long. I drop the deuce in 4 low & yanks them out of the woods like nothing. I an even known to run to home depot to pickup a 2X4. I have 2 of them now. A 72 & just purchased a 83, that I need to replace the clutch, due too my own stupidity... =). Anyone out there, know where I can get a clutch kit (flywheel, clutch plate, pressure plate, throwout bearing & pilot bearing?) Saturn is sold out.

Sumoman

everyone should know, www.Zombiehunters.org

Spread the word.
Good organization.. name will throw people off, but just so you all know they use Zombie / horror movies to collect for various charities and do blood drives. They teach disaster preparedness and basic 3-4 day survival using Zombies as a kind of way to get across that if your ready for Z-day you are ready for anything.

Plus.. if there are Zombies I had always thought a shotgun was best.. now I am thinking Deuce with a modified front end.. take a dozer blade and sharpen it, then attach to the front:-D.. be great for those pesky Zombies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks