• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Practical uses for a Deuce

coyotegray

1. Pull out broken fence posts/cement.
2. Pull out neighbor’s tree stump they had been digging on for 3 days.
3. Haul 6ft fence panels from Home Depot loaded by fork lift.
4. Support veteran’s organizations by driving in parades.
5. Help friends and family move.
6. Working on it keeps me busy and out of trouble.

Future uses planned.

Haul top soil for garden area.
Haul pallet of quick-crete for patio project.
Bring home new trees for front yard...
Haul.... well anything I dam well want to...

Andy...

Tibby

A survival mechanism. When someone idiot is paying more attention to their cell phone and/or texting and you collide . . . you win.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Because I wanted one...............................................

dittle

1. Hauling vets in a parade to show my appreciation to them
2. Towing the neighbor's broken down Deuce (blew a fuel line)
3. Hauling this winter's heating supply of wood pellets home in 1 load versus 3 or 4
4. Used it to blow out my sprinkler system
5. Being the envy of my neighbors (even got one of them to buy his own Deuce) and co-workers. Had a couple ask to drive it so I said sure lets go fire it up....then they chickened out
6. Wife likes it so much she had to have one......and then sold it........another story there

Not a regret about it, lovin' every minute of it.

I live in the NW so I can find many. Hunting, camping, hauling wood, and even bobbed a deuce can out haul and pull any full sized truck off road. W/Winch you can make money unsticking people. I can show you a way to build a hoist to lift those logs. I'm lucky my wife wants me to buy a deuce.

chgofiveo

It reminds me of our Men And Women in the Armed Forces fighting for OUR freedom and keeping us safe at night. Cant think of a better way to say "PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN" than to drive my Deuce.

Mark2X2

I've only hauled fire wood with mine so far , works great, saves my pick up.
I always wanted one, got it for less than a decent used quad.
Mark

digitaldust

my GF just said yes lets get a M109a3 ,,then a few days later she asked can I throw candy from it in parades. the week after that question . theres a car show lets go. she loves the truck
were looking for another

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's like 'Field of Dreams'

If you buy it, the reasons will come. :-D

Trust me, I never thought I would need it until I got it, then I had a use for it all the time. I even used my m109 to weigh down a railroad floatbridge so it could hook to the railroad barge.

I had 2k from my great grandmother when I was 14. I used it to buy a S-10 when I started driving at 16. I wish I had known about the deuces then, I would have gotten one.

GoHot229

I think for the average guy, they might haul some bits and pieces of construction work occasionally, but nothing you could pay the rent with. I'v got a farm and growing hay, likely youd suspect I'd be hauling hay with the Deuce, but its too too friggin high for that, one load and you'd be 'pooped out', its just too high to buck bales. Haul sand or gravel? I could, but unless it was for just me, I dont think I'd be shoveling too many loads. Round bales...too easy, sort of, again.....too high of a bed to the groung, might burst them. I went into getting the Deuce knowing the limitations and figured it a toy, same as most of you all.

cyberspace_7

I'm going in reverse with my wife! I have the M105 trailer and no truck to pull it! I'm sure it going to be a "problem" just sitting there. In about a week or two I'm sure I'll hear "why do you need that it just sits there!" Cha Ching! "Honey I guess I will have to buy a deuce to haul it, so I can put it to its full use!" Then I'll get the deuce and have no need for the trailer because I have all the room I need in the deuce and the trailer will sit were it is still...but at least I will have the means to move it if I need!:twisted:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had 10 tire sized patches of dirt that I didn't want escaping, so I got a deuce. Everything is working out well so far.

srodocker

I'm going in reverse with my wife! I have the M105 trailer and no truck to pull it! I'm sure it going to be a "problem" just sitting there. In about a week or two I'm sure I'll hear "why do you need that it just sits there!" Cha Ching! "Honey I guess I will have to buy a deuce to haul it, so I can put it to its full use!" Then I'll get the deuce and have no need for the trailer because I have all the room I need in the deuce and the trailer will sit were it is still...but at least I will have the means to move it if I need!:twisted:

see i tried that with my gf...see said to get rid of the trailer then...i have a m105 as well with no deuce hahha

CMSGT

I have a 5 ton, my wife bought it for me for our anniversary. We have property in the high country of Wy and are building a log home so it comes in very handy for hauling road base, pulling logs, taking out stumps, PLUS as an added benefit its wayyyyyyyyyyy cool and a great hobby. Up at the University of Utah I had a kid tell my son "Your dad is metal" when he saw the truck, I'm not really to sure but I think thats a good thing. I have no complaints or regrets.

pjpiche1

I use my truck for everything....Pulling my RV, pulling equipment around, gathering materials for projects, running errands, even going out to eat (you would be surprised at how many people looking at it in the parking lot- great conversational piece) I love my truck!

sandcobra164

To have my fellow Marine Base employees ask me "What are you going to do with it?" and to see the look on their face when I say "Drive it to work." Then be challenged with "Will they let you register it on base and get a decal?" I've already had plenty of offers for a truck that sits in Ft. Rucker 120 miles from me. Seriously though, they are a piece of history and I've wanted my own since the first time I drove one for Uncle Sam in 2002. It's just amazing to me how cheap they go for on GL and even though I'm still waiting on the "Hold" and "EUC" to clear up and come through, I'll simply be another proud owner who got one cheap when this all plays out.