• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problems already with ORD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well so far NOT so good dealing with ORD. I just got my 4" lift from them through FedEx along with a zero rate kit, with all of the fixin's. Greasable bushings, HD shackles, shocks, brake lines, the whole thing, except I haven't ordered the zero rate for the rear yet until I see if I'm going to need it.

The front springs they sent me are wrong, even though I supplied all of the part numbers I wanted, IN WRITING via email. OK, minor setback. I called ORD to see how to go about getting the springs I ordered and Chris is on vacation. It seems that after he typed the order off my email he scratched the 4" spring part number out and hand wrote the part number for a 3" spring in. I guess he figured that since I ordered the zero rate I must only want a 3" lift spring in the front. Seems like quite a gamble to take without me telling him to change my order. I was transferred to a girl in tech that was not interested in fixing the problem, she just wanted to argue with me about who's fault the wrong parts were. After ten minutes, she turned me over to Steven, who argued with me for another ten minutes! I couldn't believe my ears! What awful customer service! He was trying to explain the difference between 4" and 5". Duh. Then he yelled at me for me refusing to pay shipping both ways to get the right springs! COMPLETELY UNBELIEVABLE AND UNACCEPTABLE. I was Technical Service Supervisor and also Customer Service Manager at Air Lift Company for many years, and I know how this stuff works. As a customer, I have NEVER been treated like this and talked down to like this EVER before. I can deal with the wrong parts, but what I can't deal with is a company treating me like this after I just sent them $1500.00 for a bunch of brackets and bushings that I know they are making a killing off of. I finally told Steven to issue a call tag for the whole darn kit and springs and pick it all up for a full refund. He said he'd call me back. What the...?

Never again. :rant:

quickfarms

Dispute the charge with your credit card company. It is there fault if they sent you the wrong parts. If customer service ever treated me that bad I would hang up on them and then call the credit card company.

Anubis8472

ORD has rediculously high prices in the first place. I wouldn't send them a dime to begin with unless I couldn't find the part elsewhere.

If they were going to change your part numbers they should have at least called to confirm. Asking the customer to foot the bill for return when they shipped something other than ordered is simply indecent on it's face, and sets the whole process in an adversarial light.

I had an issue with a company some years back. I had ordered some custom jewelry. Paid up front.
Six months later still no word, after a lot of 'run around' over the phone filled with excuses and supposed liscensing issues. What it boiled down to was that the price of gold had gone up considerably between the time I placed/and paid for my order and the time they were prepared to make the item. They were more than willing to send me a substitute item with half the gold content.

Sometimes you're better off with a complete refund, then go a different route.

Last edited:
Dealing with ORD, i somewhat had the same issue, but with a defective HD tierod from a High steer kit. ( after 1 trail ride, one became defective. It was an actual manufacture defect.) Spoke with Several idiots there, in Custoemr Service, and tech.. and all tried to blame me for it.. I did finally get to speak with Chris.. and yet explained the what and how of trail ride, and how the rod is defective... he, agreed it is rare, and he would honor the warranty this time.... after everyone else was too defensive for me to get my point across... My point is, that with my setup, i have 4 of those HD tie rods.. and its been over a year now, with some extreme trail riding.. and all is well... Hence that one was a defect....

Given the fact its Wednesday.. and what ever plans you had on working on rig are shot.. I would just simply wait... call monday morning and speak specifically to and only Chris... and in a nice polite way.. explain to him... that what parts YOU ordered via email are not what you recieved ,( it doesnt matter who changed what there, without your approval,) and the error is on him... .. and he needs to issue a RMA for wrong part and ship the corrected item... or RMA the whole order.. which in turn, if it comes to that....( you will make it a point that you are well connected, and will make it a mission in life to advertise your bad experince with ORD, But... in a polite way, of coarse.... ) and from that future ph... based on outcome... would start the dispute with CC company.. and start looking elsewhere for parts needed....

Just my 2cents

GPrez

I also had a slightly bad experience with their customer service. I was sent the wrong type of U-bolts because (in their words) "most people reverse them". The problem is there is an additional part needed to reverse them which I did not order so they made an incorrect assumption. They were very bad about returning my calls in a timely manner so I ordered what I needed elsewhere and told them I was returning the ones they sent me. I included a copy of my receipt for the UPS costs and they did refund me the cost to ship them back. That restored some faith in ORD for me.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well.......... it sure seems this thread has become the "Bash ORD Thread" for sure.

Having read the posts, I would like to say that it is easy for everyone to jump on the bandwagon, however mistakes do occur and it should be expected. Although in the mail-order business for over 100 years, Sears & Roebuck still makes mistakes even with their vast computer order fullfillment software.

I will go on record to vouch for ORD. All of my suspension parts came fom ORD and all of them were correct in every aspect. For my M1028 rebuild, I purchased the following ORD parts -

Rear shackle flip kit
Rear greasable spring bushings
Rear U-bolt flip kit
Rear Zero-Rates
New rear shocks
Front HD 4" lift springs
Front Zero-Rates
New front shocks
New extended SS front brake lines
Rebuilt 2WD steering box
Crossover steering
Front greasable spring bushings
HD front spring shackles

So in summary, I will say that mistakes are inevitable, and we need to be tolerant of them. Heck, my Dad made a mistake 9 months before I was born! Yea, maybe ORD is not perfect, but let He Who Is Perfect CastThe First Stone. Over my 62 years on this earth, I have learned that I can achieve more with sugar than with ****.

Hope this helps open some eyes.

Oh Im not taking sides... as I do like ORD's quaility with their products... was just stating that, they are somewhat failing in customer service... which i do hope they get better... ( I'm pretty confident this issue twomorestrokes has will be resolved ) I've have spent ALOT of money with them in the past, regarding to my doubler parts, high steer, cross-over steering, frame bracing, and my 4" shackle lift kit.... Im looking to get their front cross member in the future.. both chris and steve assisted me with every Issue i had with them, and I do plan to continue to do business with them, when the need arises...

bronco74

I have purchased a few lift parts from ORD. My experience great products, but lacking in some areas of customer service. I choose to spend my money with other vendors after it took 21 days to get my brake lines.

The saga continues. They emailed me a UPS tag (I don't have a printer) but would not pay for UPS pickup. That meant a 50 mile round trip to go to the "big city" to drop these off once I found a printer. UPS suggsted I call the company to have them correct the pickup instructions. I was luckily enough to have Denise answer. She was instantly on the defensive, again blaming me for not asking to have them picked up here. She simply said she'd handle it and hung up on me. You kno it looks like a good product and they have a good gig going. They make a killing on completely outsourced parts. If they could only realize that a satisfied customer is what business is all about instead of acting like they could care less about us they would really have something.

I sort of take offense at the bashing thing. I just thought it would be helpful to give fellow members a heads up. I work too hard for my money.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know, if you had paid with an American Express card, you could have filed a complaint with AMEX and the payment would have been suspended until the issue was resolved. The seller would not have been paid until arbitration was complete. I had to do this a couple times in the past. Bought some scaffolding from an outfit in New York a few years back, and was shorted the braces, which clearly were identified as being a part of the scaffold. The seller basicaly told me to take a hike, so I called AMEX and filed a complaint. AMEX withdrew the pending payment to the seller until the braces had arrived at my place. Now, I use AMEX to purchase every chance I get.

Hope this helps in the future.

Live and learn I guess. That wild have come in handy right about no. I paid with m debit card so they've already been paid. I'm sure this will get resolved, it's just turned into way more of an ordeal than it should have.

I'm confident they will send me the right springs. UPS is supposed to pick these up tomorrow. What scares me is if I have any problems with the product after installation. They are so mad about this spring exchange that I doubt I would get any kind of support from them.

Well UPS never showed Friday. Denise put the wrong address on the call tag. Why do I have this feeling it was not an honest mistake? At this rate it will be fall before I get my ORD lift kit put on. Won't feel much like bragging it up when anyone asks...

coyotegray

Well.......... it sure seems this thread has become the "Bash ORD Thread" for sure.

Having read the posts, I would like to say that it is easy for everyone to jump on the bandwagon, however mistakes do occur and it should be expected. Although in the mail-order business for over 100 years, Sears & Roebuck still makes mistakes even with their vast computer order fullfillment software.

I will go on record to vouch for ORD. All of my suspension parts came fom ORD and all of them were correct in every aspect. For my M1028 rebuild, I purchased the following ORD parts -

Rear shackle flip kit
Rear greasable spring bushings
Rear U-bolt flip kit
Rear Zero-Rates
New rear shocks
Front HD 4" lift springs
Front Zero-Rates
New front shocks
New extended SS front brake lines
Rebuilt 2WD steering box
Crossover steering
Front greasable spring bushings
HD front spring shackles

So in summary, I will say that mistakes are inevitable, and we need to be tolerant of them. Heck, my Dad made a mistake 9 months before I was born! Yea, maybe ORD is not perfect, but let He Who Is Perfect CastThe First Stone. Over my 62 years on this earth, I have learned that I can achieve more with sugar than with ****.

Hope this helps open some eyes.
The issue is a pattern of disrespect for their customer and a display of malicious intent, not a single mistake.

Did your dad run away from things or take responsibility..?

I was considering them but they are off the list now..

OP, Thansk for the heads up..

Last edited:

coyotegray

You know, if you had paid with an American Express card, you could have filed a complaint with AMEX and the payment would have been suspended until the issue was resolved. The seller would not have been paid until arbitration was complete. I had to do this a couple times in the past. Bought some scaffolding from an outfit in New York a few years back, and was shorted the braces, which clearly were identified as being a part of the scaffold. The seller basicaly told me to take a hike, so I called AMEX and filed a complaint. AMEX withdrew the pending payment to the seller until the braces had arrived at my place. Now, I use AMEX to purchase every chance I get.

Hope this helps in the future.
I have had similar experiences. Amex will get you results...

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm confident they will send me the right springs. UPS is supposed to pick these up tomorrow. What scares me is if I have any problems with the product after installation. They are so mad about this spring exchange that I doubt I would get any kind of support from them.
It seems to me that you have been a good troop trying to resolve this issue.
Are these folks an SS Vendor? I hope not...or maybe I do...maybe we could help put a little pressure on them.

Truthfully though...sometimes the owner of an outfit never knows what the problems are unless he/she gets personally involved every day.

In my business I pay someone to do everything that needs to be done but I check everyday...even if it's just monitoring our dispatch system on line on the weekends to see that things are rolling along.

95% of our customers are contract or repeat customers so if a dispatcher or driver messes up something I find out REALLY fast...and it gets fixed....REALLY fast.

In today's economy there is no room for non-performance or disrespectful customer service reps.
Someone needs/wants the business and will gladly provide it!:grin:

Cucvnut

PB Denise is the wife of the owner. The owner Stepan Watson is very involved. they are a small shop that is out growing its ability for good customer service. there products are great its just the follow through that is lacking some tact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks