• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Ferro Navy M37

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The heart of the further work will get hammered on this weekend because next week I expect more of an intense cluster ******* mess around at work till things settle down - and then I do not know what my hours will be at that time. So I need to concentrate on this weekend for the project.

Gotta go get my spandex warp suit so my flesh does not burn - :burn:
Keep believing and continue to march Brother, things will work out for the better....eventually.

zout

T - a regular undercoating spray gun - and thank you for the compliment.

Got the box lifted and moved over but NOT mounted up - I will wiggle this into position tomorrow night and get it bolted up correctly.
I always put in what I screw up as well as I am not proud like everything goes perfect all the time - when I had the chains on the rope hooks one was too tight with I was moving it by myself who is usually the only one around as well.
It dented the rail but not the side panel nor the inside panel - just the tubular rail. So - I will fix this by taking the end cap tube off - heat up the tubular rail and insert a rod nearly the same size inside the rail to straighten it once again and then re-weld the end cap back on. Chit Just Happens I saw on Forrest Gump one time and I am always remembered of what that feeling is - but yes we all screw up or something just happens. Call it Murphy or whatever but its the same culprit.

For now - here is how she looks: DSCN0523.jpgDSCN0524.jpgDSCN0525.jpgDSCN0526.jpg and I am tooooooo embarased to show ya a pic of it.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The heart of the further work will get hammered on this weekend because next week I expect more of an intense cluster ******* mess around at work till things settle down - and then I do not know what my hours will be at that time. So I need to concentrate on this weekend for the project.

Gotta go get my spandex warp suit so my flesh does not burn - :burn:
Spandex doesn't burn?? I do believe the "Warp" though! Hope and pray that things go well for you at work, and that all doesn't go FUBAR on ya!!

God bless,
Tony

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow Dave!
I'm really liking the contrasting greys. I think it is coming along great!

I would tell you not to worry about the dent in the side rail but I also know you would fix it anyway, so... carry on! lol

bigugh20

Poor Adam, he's gonna get his truck back home where Angie is gonna see it. Once that happens, it won't be Adam's M37 any more. She is coming along great Dave.

zout

Spent my time tonight fixing my screw up - got the box all bolted down as well. Had a couple sponsors liquid refreshments just to get over how I screwed up and then had to fix it.

No pics - getting ready for tomorrow morning and its just sanding from here for a couple days and getting some stuff in high build primer. Will post up some pics when the weekend is done - just have to keep after it the best I can this weekend.

zout

Took a break before having to head out - exterior all sanded down along with the dash for high build.
Have to vacuum out both of the seat boxes yet of all the blasting material.
Attached a few items Adam supplied that go along with what I need to get done into high build.

Cargo box only with one coat - still has one more coat to get applied within a 24 hour window - we're safe.DSCN0527.jpgDSCN0528.jpgDSCN0529.jpgDSCN0530.jpgDSCN0531.jpgDSCN0532.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Wow...between Adam's super nice M37, Doc's WWII GPW, and Troy's M151A2 all done in Navy Gray we can have a separate "Navy Contingent" at the Veterans Day Parade this year!!:-D

Super good job Commander!!:beer:

Whiterabbit

I think I saw a cape and tights with a big S on them in the corner of Zout's garage! That there is mighty fine work in a darn short time. I'm taking notes, because it looks like you know what you're doing! :-D
Zout, You're my hero!
If you listen closely you can hear me whining all the way down in Guyton wanting an M37 because of this thread! They are soooo cool!

zout

Adam - its only in HIGH BUILD PRIMER - that is NOT paint - before ya start getting excited. Lots of wet sanding ahead to be able to shoot in paint.

I think I got out of chat with TWM and PB about 9 this morning - doing this - taking pics - posting its now 11:45 - if that gives you an idea of how fast I move (oh yeah - had a couple beers in between as well :)

Here ya go:
DSCN0533.jpgDSCN0534.jpgDSCN0535.jpgDSCN0536.jpgDSCN0537.jpgDSCN0538.jpgDSCN0539.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The light must be hitting that blue paint from a weird angle and making it look a little gray. ;-)
Actually zout has a special filter on his camera. That paint is actually the Strata Blue that I bought for my M38A1 Air force jeep about 10 years ago.

Of course Adam will pay the current price per gallon for the paint!:roll:

Zout is color blind so he can't be blamed!:naner:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks