• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Again - re-paint

ATPTac

What do you all mean: subscribed? I would like to follow this repaint project too...
If your account is set up to subscribe to threads, every time there is an update to thread you've posted to it will email you and let you know. Or you can manually subscribe to the thread, go to the top right of the thread and you'll see "thread tools" click that and then click "subscribe".

Another Ahab

If your account is set up to subscribe to threads, every time there is an update to thread you've posted to it will email you and let you know. Or you can manually subscribe to the thread, go to the top right of the thread and you'll see "thread tools" click that and then click "subscribe".
Yeah, be sure and do that:

- Because this is thread is guaranteed to be "colorful".

Last edited:

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes , I am getting the follow ups, and I am reading the thread too. I am hoping to buy an M816 that needs paint, and I will need this info for sure...

zout

Ron has his get together on Sat the 15 so I am taking time off the project to have some needed fun after this week - it'll be soaking wet all over the place anyhow and a pond at the bottom of my driveway - Then hopefully Sun 16th get back on stroke - Swiss is bringing over the remainder of the paint and we'll be doing a color sample on some OD he thought he liked - so we'll get that done as well.

Get the rest of the Black shot - get masking off some of the top and front to go into whatever OD he chooses - do the underside chassis in black last (remember bottom of the driveway will be a pond and filled with Ga mud that will need to be cleaned up once again.)

zout

Looking forward to Ron's run tomorrow.

For those accumulating any goods for their projects here is what I have total in the paint.

I had 3/4 of a gallon of Marquee flat black already - what you saw shot in black it that remainder of that can. I picked up what Swiss ordered today from Homey which is 3 more gallons of black (remainder of top side needs finished off with two coats and then the underside - With good coverage it will only need one good coat.

OD Green - he purchased One can of 383 for me to do a test on & I have some remaining of which the M909 was shot in of the 24052 darker green - his call - his $$ - his truck - see which way this heads - but by Sunday night you will see at least the hood in some sort of green one way or the other.

With my (freely donated) remainder of my black - his 4 gallons all in Marquee paint - tad under $200.00

Depending on what time I get home tomorrow and weather - we'll see if we can get our hands back on it and prepp'd for Sunday early start.

zout

Sunday morning - my church is being held at the garage and 5 ton this morning.

Been moving around since 6:30 getting prepp'd up as its:
32 degree's out now and headed up to the 60's
69% humidity
3 mph winds - 46 mph less than yesterday.

See if we can get something actually accomplished today.

Another Ahab

Sunday morning - my church is being held at the garage and 5 ton this morning.

Been moving around since 6:30 getting prepp'd up as its:
32 degree's out now and headed up to the 60's
69% humidity
3 mph winds - 46 mph less than yesterday.

See if we can get something actually accomplished today.
Cowboy Church

zout

I cannot stand the harrasment over my work phone tonka toy camera - I am gun shy now about sending any pic's over it - and my ole camera got worn out from whatever project was on hand at the time SOOOOOOOOO
Deb let me use her camera again (bless her little heart) and I had to clean and wipe my hands before even coming near it - heck I might as well just headed to the shower I guess but here are a few pics of the little bit of work I got done today.

I also put my front axle together on my ole 2000 Murray 12hp tractor in the garage while waiting for it to warm the surface of the 5ton.

Before any of the posts come in - razor blades are cheaper and faster than masking and tapping off windshield - I can have that windshield clean in about 10 minutes with an 18 cent razor blade and all of the seams are painted as well - that is why I did it.100_1834 (640x480).jpg100_1835 (640x480).jpg100_1836 (640x480).jpg100_1837 (640x480).jpg100_1838 (640x480).jpg100_1839 (640x480).jpg100_1840 (640x480).jpg100_1841 (640x480).jpg BTW - someone please call Deb and tell her to STOP taking pictures of me - I hate it

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Omg the color is perfect!!! Wow is that awesome. Commander Zout has been promoted to supreme commander Zout

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks