• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project time once again Swiss's CUCV

zout

Hotter than the dickens in the garage and sanded off the rear section a little bit - Maybe this will help Swiss know I was not joking about the M909 - this all has to have drain holes muffler section cut wired in - pull it all out and then Hurculiner the interior of the box and then install it all again. If the Paint does not show up I may be done with this sooner than expected.Photo2447.jpgPhoto2446.jpgPhoto2448.jpgPhoto2449.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought the M909 was going to be a solar power RV. Come to think of it, the hot tub would not get to hot to be inviting. :-D

Last edited:

zout

I put the automated ground to air missles on high alert last night around the DZ - working on discussing with Matrix to match that color in a epoxy paint this morning and to heck with them other knuckleheads - time's a wasting.

Get started on that interior tonight wire brushing down with the cone on the grinder and headed towards getting the Herculiner in it. Might even show you how nice that topper looks sanded down with the epoxy primer.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put the automated ground to air missles on high alert last night around the DZ - working on discussing with Matrix to match that color in a epoxy paint this morning and to heck with them other knuckleheads - time's a wasting.

Get started on that interior tonight wire brushing down with the cone on the grinder and headed towards getting the Herculiner in it. Might even show you how nice that topper looks sanded down with the epoxy primer.
It is very hard to stay ahead of Commander Warp, I take one step forward and he takes 5 :(. I am working on seat cover replacements. I cleaned up all the seat frames last night getting read for paint.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have one. Getting ready to haul it to the dumpster
Warthog please see attached pictures on where to cut the top. If you look inside you will see where the frame assembly naturally has joints. We want to cut behind the joints. If you want to do a rough cut then give me another inch or so beyond the joints so I have room to clean up things later.

Ping me if you have questions!

Attachments

zout

Warthog - absolutely give him more room - he did have a few "sippy pops" in the workroom while he had that tape measure in his hand - never knew someone could sip and measure at the same time - I am now a believer.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Warthog - absolutely give him more room - he did have a few "sippy pops" in the workroom while he had that tape measure in his hand - never knew someone could sip and measure at the same time - I am now a believer.
Thank you Z! Good to have friends looking out for you.:naner::naner::naner:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ping, Ping, Ping.

Found a way to get it headed eastbound?
Just posted in the Transportation Needs!

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...berglass-Top&p=1393020&viewfull=1#post1393020

Looking for a ride for a partial M1009 CUCV fiberglass top. The top has been cut and only the front 15% remains so it is only about "24" deep and should weigh approximately 50lbs. It still is the full width. The picture below represents what it would look like.

Would fit in the back of a pickup or back of an SUV.

The top is at Warthogs in Oklahoma City and needs to get to the state of GA or the Georgia Rally.

Get back to me if you are heading east.

Warthog: What about letting your yellow friend in your avatar with the red van drive it out east?

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess I could send it out in this one

weiner-mobile.jpg

Or this one

banana-car.jpg

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Just posted in the Transportation Needs!

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...berglass-Top&p=1393020&viewfull=1#post1393020

Looking for a ride for a partial M1009 CUCV fiberglass top. The top has been cut and only the front 15% remains so it is only about 18" wide and should weigh approximately 50lbs. It still is the full width. The picture below represents what it would look like.

Would fit in the back of a pickup or back of an SUV.

The top is at Warthogs in Oklahoma City and needs to get to the state of GA or the Georgia Rally.

Get back to me if you are heading east.

Warthog: What about letting your yellow friend in your avatar with the red van drive it out east?
I'm cornfused...are you sure your CUCV is only 18 inches wide?

Attachments

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CUCV TOP dimensions corrected PER PB's fine command of reading and my confusing message. THANKS PB

Tinwoodsman, hang tight you will be buying a TIGER CUCV once I am done :)

Last edited:

zout

Pigmy-o-bile is more like it - like one of them Barnum Bailey circus clown cars where 50 clowns get out of a miniature car - guess you should have been there in person as it was much more funny. Paint is going to get a total makeover tomorrow night after discussing this with the owner tonight as a gallon and 3/4 came today in a hole entire different format than what the first was. I hauled out the extreme good gun to shoot this and it turned out the same with all kinds of different intricate twitches along the way. I'll just do it my way tomorrow and we'll see who gives up the ghost and submits. Owner was sent pics but I am not posting them.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pigmy-o-bile is more like it - like one of them Barnum Bailey circus clown cars where 50 clowns get out of a miniature car - guess you should have been there in person as it was much more funny. Paint is going to get a total makeover tomorrow night after discussing this with the owner tonight as a gallon and 3/4 came today in a hole entire different format than what the first was. I hauled out the extreme good gun to shoot this and it turned out the same with all kinds of different intricate twitches along the way. I'll just do it my way tomorrow and we'll see who gives up the ghost and submits. Owner was sent pics but I am not posting them.

Who is this owner dude and how come he never posts pictures??

zout

I'm just trying to figure out why you have over 5,000 views - do you just keep clicking on this thread all day long - at least it took your mind off me spelling WHOLE (hole) wrong above ^^^^^^^^^^