• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project time once again Swiss's CUCV

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm just trying to figure out why you have over 5,000 views - do you just keep clicking on this thread all day long - at least it took your mind off me spelling WHOLE (hole) wrong above ^^^^^^^^^^
I think we should nickname Swiss "The Count" cause he counts EVERYTHING!!!

Sorta reminds me of that guy "Monk" on TV....hey wait...maybe we should nickname him "Monk"???

Attachments

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fine then!~!! You shall from this day forth be known as "Count Swiss"...please change your avatar rank to reflect this most prestigeous title.:naner:

With this sword I dub thee "Count Swiss," and all from this day forth, thou shalt be known as the noble Count of SS.

TRUMPETS BLARE
DOVES FLY UP INTO SKY
SUNLIGHT SHINES DOWN
HARPS PLAY

zout

All is good on the mission field.
I gave the remaining gallon of paint to my Matrix folks along with its catalyst. I will not tell you what they said when they opened the can and took a peek at it. Once they had it mixed to test color - the technician wondered even more what type of chit they called it - did the same thing to him.

I had no doubts after last night with my own mix to narrow down the culprit. Matrix has matched the color into a urethane paint and I expect to have this tonight - knowing their mixtures as well I might even haul out the "good" gun to shoot it all. Everything gets taped off once again - all sanded down again - all wiped down again and all tacked off - did I mention AGAIN. Topper is ready as well so all will get shot. Yes all the black painted stuff now has to get taped off as well.

Interior was all blown out last night - just needs the BIG cone wire wheel taken to it and then wiped down - then Herculined inside. I knew about the new mix of paint so the entire garage got a cleaning last night in preperation (not preperation H BTW)

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So where do we start? We have taken a few steps back. After review of paint results last night both of us concurred the current paint was FUBR. Luckily Z had started down the path of getting a new batch of paint made up in the Matrix product line. Delivery was to occur late yesterday. So meanwhile......................

Me and Commander Z worked most of yesterday afternoon and night on the following:
-Power grinding interior to get ready for Hurculiner
-Z retaped the whole vehicle
-Removed Bumpers

Issues Encountered:
1.) Swiss was working so hard he burned up Z's nice chitty Dewalt grinder, work halt
2.) Lots of new rust holes in floor covered by fiberglass: Ouchy I was itching all night

So then the paint shows up, consistency is good. Color is bad :( The commander is color blind so he says that looks great. Our resident paint guru says it is close, (NOT)

So at the end of the day I grab the paint can and take it home. This morning I am driving 40 minutes to the mixologist and saying make a new color. So the paint is being delivered again tonight and we now have a new color called SWISS TAN!

Let’s see how tonight plays out.

zout

I do have pics of the "former" 4" Dewalt angle grinder with the 5" wire wheel cone mounted up to it dramatically up in smoke - literally she was sooooo hot. I smelled that crap all night long and it is probably still lingering in the garage (anyone ever smell a stator that has fried - that's the nacious smell.

Z did sand the topper off and sanded the entire truck again before taping it off - got it all blown off and will get onto wet sanding the surface tonight with what I guess will be 600 grit.

Never ever ask me the color of something - I can see huge shade differences - but not blatent color changes (yes I failed the eye sight test with all them numbers in them starting with the first one).

I forsee just spending the night getting the surface to where I want it again before I shoot that lucious paint onto it. Spray time will most likey be tomorrow (that's Georgia time zone Saturday).

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do have pics of the "former" 4" Dewalt angle grinder with the 5" wire wheel cone mounted up to it dramatically up in smoke - literally she was sooooo hot. I smelled that crap all night long and it is probably still lingering in the garage (anyone ever smell a stator that has fried - that's the nacious smell.

So why did we put the 5" Massive Wire Wheel on the 4" grinder :) Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm???

zout

If that delima continued M909 would have been in process of getting worked on.

I agree with Warthog content.jpg Besides putting the cone on the grinder the only concern I have is it got done - there are more tools for sale.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG

Z did sand the topper off and sanded the entire truck again before taping it off - got it all blown off and will get onto wet sanding the surface tonight with what I guess will be 600 grit.

Never ever ask me the color of something - I can see huge shade differences - but not blatent color changes (yes I failed the eye sight test with all them numbers in them starting with the first one).

I forsee just spending the night getting the surface to where I want it again before I shoot that lucious paint onto it. Spray time will most likey be tomorrow (that's Georgia time zone Saturday).
I sorta wondered why my WC22 is five different colors but I didn't wanna be rude and bring it up.:beer:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got that figured out PB

Tires are Black
Seats are Canvas
Body is WWII OD
Bed is wood colored
wood floor is a different wood color

That's why it's 5 different colors!

Colors are a hard thing to match, I've opened cans that were made at the same time by the same guy on the same machine and one will dry a different shade than the others. That's why if you can it is best to mix all the cans and spray all at once, evens the shade out. You usually can only get away with this if you are ready to paint the entire thing in one go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks