• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project time once again Swiss's CUCV

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dassani???? Is that French for Budweiser? :D
Dassani is english for necessary hydration from a head that was pounding from stupidity the night before. Add to the pounding head, a wide open air compressor running for 4 hours, rock and roll wide blaring out the stereo, gas welder, electric grinders and you have for one painful morning :(

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:-o:-oAlso you have to keep a very watchful eye on the Warp Commander, I am working on the back tailgate diligently and happen to look up and doors are flying off, fenders dropping to the floor. I walk to the front and the grill and bumper are gone.

The WARP drive was on overdrive.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you are still posting pictures. I was going to have to ban you for a week. :mrgreen:

zout

I figured something nasty was going to happen to me - main structural piece had to be in place first @rocker panel. The floor inside rain lip is nearly MIA - about 4 inches of the flooring is deteriorated as well. I had Swiss look at my repair I was going to make after the rocker was in and he gave me the nod of approval. I like making sure the owner agree's with what I am going to do before I just do it - unless he blinks or has turned the other way. Passenger side does not need this surgery and only the flooring is effected like the drivers side - I will get back to that while I am doing this drivers side - meaning having all the stuff to repair it out at one time and put back when its done. Thanks for the responses guys. Swiss did have a sample COLOR with him - color makes a big difference on finishing as well as some of you know (end of priming would get done only one way anyhow) before painting it - I think his project is going to be really nice looking (not bragging - just like the color combo).

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I figured something nasty was going to happen to me - main structural piece had to be in place first @rocker panel. The floor inside rain lip is nearly MIA - about 4 inches of the flooring is deteriorated as well. I had Swiss look at my repair I was going to make after the rocker was in and he gave me the nod of approval. I like making sure the owner agree's with what I am going to do before I just do it - unless he blinks or has turned the other way. Passenger side does not need this surgery and only the flooring is effected like the drivers side - I will get back to that while I am doing this drivers side - meaning having all the stuff to repair it out at one time and put back when its done. Thanks for the responses guys. Swiss did have a sample COLOR with him - color makes a big difference on finishing as well as some of you know (end of priming would get done only one way anyhow) before painting it - I think his project is going to be really nice looking (not bragging - just like the color combo).[/I]

So was Swiss serious when he said it's gonna be flat black with pink poka dots??:papabear:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Going to need "Event Command" placards in place for the rally. Was just thinking, Swiss now has one of the worst MPG and one of the best MPG road MVs in civilian hands.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our warped Commander did it again, I got a text before noon and somehow the door and fender got back on with all the floor board on driver side repaired

You miss a minute you miss alot

Attachments

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am impartial, I like the big green ones, big tan ones, small camo ones, small tan ones. I love them all :)

zout

Photo2272.jpgZout has a NEW WHEEL CHOCK for my NEW M909A2 RV CAMO command center - I called it the RON CHOCK.

this was more fun than working on it today - chatted with Ron to see how his therapy went and he had already left messages on how cool a wheel chock has been named after him. I told him its the least I could do since I was covering up evidence in a vehicular near homicide - I found some plaid shirt embeded in the cowling.

ANYHOW - I am saving the best till last - the cab roof - I'll trade ya Warthog - holes - major dents near the windshield - piece o cake when I get to it when I stop screwing around.
Rocker panel/floorboard area done. Door and fender rehung - re-sanded the areas no primered with 180 - wiped down with wax grease remover seeing how no one can keep their dang fingers out of touching it all the time. Talked with Ron - sat in front of the fan supporting our liquid distributor and its not that stinkin water place either. Mixed up some more 2k epoxy primer now that I had a second urge of energy and got the lower sections in primer. This primer all has to be final sanded in the end so do not get all excited.
pics:
Photo2273.jpgPhoto2274.jpgPhoto2275.jpgPhoto2276.jpgPhoto2277.jpgPhoto2278.jpgPhoto2279.jpgPhoto2280.jpgPhoto2281.jpg

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Photo2272.jpg

Glad you found the TETHER, was afraid it had gotten lost, sure glad the paint is going to be harder then woodpecker lips because the last time I forgot to unhook the tether, the m819 drug that wheel chock all the way to the 12SSGAR

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks