• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project time once again Swiss's CUCV

zout

The first two pics on post #193 were from the neighbors Chevelle I did at the beginning of the year - sitting the same place as when he moved it into his garage after I kicked it out. Crap stacked all around the sides and back scratching and gouging the entire car new paint. Go figure.

Waiting for word on the remainder of the paint order before I shoot anything more - surface is already good to go besides wiping it down a final time. I want to see that the other gallon looks like when it comes. I'll just get started on the blasting of the wheels and getting the other stuff painted in its color (not telling ya what that is either). So I get to pull tape - retape off areas and paper off area's to get this stuff shot.

goldneagle

The first two pics on post #193 were from the neighbors Chevelle I did at the beginning of the year - sitting the same place as when he moved it into his garage after I kicked it out. Crap stacked all around the sides and back scratching and gouging the entire car new paint. Go figure.

Waiting for word on the remainder of the paint order before I shoot anything more - surface is already good to go besides wiping it down a final time. I want to see that the other gallon looks like when it comes. I'll just get started on the blasting of the wheels and getting the other stuff painted in its color (not telling ya what that is either). So I get to pull tape - retape off areas and paper off area's to get this stuff shot.
Some people don't appreciate things that are given free. If he had to pay you lots of $$$ for the job he would have taken better care of the vehicle. He does not appreciate the VALUE of the work you did. :not worthy:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kind of talked with TM9 about our special paint additive. I did not get to the source, but he is supposed to call me back this afternoon. They have 4 gallons that they are straining and reviewing before they ship out to us. I asked for a call back to discuss, but no call as of 12:24 hrs. Herculiner on way for Friday delivery!

Lets Rock, Lets Roll.

zout

I wonder if they will have to take an air chisel hammer gun to the bottom of the can to break all the pigments free so you have a fighting chance to start stirring it this time ? Tell em not to further disrupt the mission and get the lead out and product shipped.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem is that when Zout finishes the paint job on Swiss's CUCV, the paint and body work will be more expensive then the vehicle, and it will look so good that Swiss will hide it in a garage.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem is that when Zout finishes the paint job on Swiss's CUCV, the paint and body work will be more expensive then the vehicle, and it will look so good that Swiss will hide it in a garage.
Jurrasic Park "Spared no Expense" Drinking Game

How many times does John Hammond say "spare no expense" in the first Jurassic Park movie?

Five.
1. [Referencing his new "game reserve" island] "Really spectacular. Spared no expense. It makes the one I had in Kenya look like a petting zoo."
2. [Referencing the rides and attractions at the park] "Absolutely spectacular designs. Spared no expense."
3. [Referencing the electric cars] "Spared no expense. Have fun."
4. [Referencing voice-over narration at the park] "We spared no expense."
5. [Ironically referencing ice-cream] "Spared no expense."

Last edited:

zout

TWM from what I see - I highly doubt it.

OK - I shot the third coat on tonight.
I had 3 HVLP guns set up with 1.2 1.3 1.5 tips as 1.8 would have been too much product.

I changed up air pressure throughout the spray - and this paint is a SOB to shoot. BUT - I am critical and it is a military vehicle and also it is a German WW2 camo going on it - so where do I STOP being critical ??????
One of the pics is hard to figure out but once again it is the debris from the can itself in the screen/filter - you can see the rust chips.
As I mentioned to the owner of the CUCV - why would a paint company open and sift paint if they did not already know there might be an issue with the longevity of the paint in them cans anyhow ???????

I will discuss options with the owner as well when I talked with him on the phone - I am only his vendor doing a job hired to do and I take it no less than that - BUT - I will show him my options of what I might do if it were my CUCV - and it will be an honest opinion and whatever the outcome - I will do as hired to do.

It is projecting more brown after this third coat - it is a very subtle color and it is growing on me.
Here are the pics of the night to view.
Photo2380.jpgPhoto2381.jpgPhoto2382.jpgPhoto2383.jpgPhoto2384.jpgPhoto2385.jpgPhoto2386.jpgPhoto2387.jpgPhoto2388.jpgPhoto2389.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am trying very hard to overtake PB... I want to win the post prize. I am not sure what the prize is but I want to win it. :confused:

zout

I projected to the owner my disheartning concerns as I am not totally a happy fella - He'll be here Sun to review the surface and I have left one area untouched to show what it COULD BE. Unless you knew it took place you would be clueless as to how it was achieved - only he will know.

Will get busy on the other areas that get placed into the different color and get the M109 down to the garage and get it inspected for the run Sat morning to CAMO. Sat will be a full day down there with EMD and FERRO and CAMO crew - with their assistance and help this could never take place and I am humbled by their offering and assistance - more over I appreciate their friendship. I will tell ya I have some kick arse RIB EYE steaks and special cut from Wilkerson Butcher Shop at the thickness of 1 1/4 in and Zout 2 is cookin up some Au Gratin potato's to help wash them all down. I may have to drag them out of the house Sat morning to head out but it will all work out.

Sun is back onto the CUCV while I stare at the M909 at the top of the hill

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I projected to the owner my disheartning concerns as I am not totally a happy fella - He'll be here Sun to review the surface and I have left one area untouched to show what it COULD BE. Unless you knew it took place you would be clueless as to how it was achieved - only he will know.

Commander your attention to detail and quest for perfection is remarkable. I truly appreciate the efforts and quality of your workmanship. Many times in life we are given circumstances out of our control and those that rise up to challenge shall prevail. Thank you for efforts!

We shall ascertain the situation on Sunday, review our options, make a decision and move forward.

Life is good:)

PS: The pictures look awesome, love the door frame picture it shows the brown hue coming out.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Commander your attention to detail and quest for perfection is remarkable. I truly appreciate the efforts and quality of your workmanship. Many times in life we are given circumstances out of our control and those that rise up to challenge shall prevail. Thank you for efforts!
We shall ascertain the situation on Sunday, review our options, make a decision and move forward.
Life is good:)
PS: The pictures look awesome, love the door frame picture it shows the brown hue coming out.
You bet your sweet bippy!!!:papabear:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the good thing with Commander Z preoccupied on other missions is that we don't have any Gibberish going on over the last 24 hours!