• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Wild Weasel M1009

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The theory that the torque rods came from a Suburban is proven wrong. I forgot that I had a Suburban gate that I bought early on and have been storing it. That explains the same part number in the Mitchell manual for right and left. Totally different. I am getting old I remembers the layout as soon as I looked at the gate from the Suburban. Take Care. Stay Cool,View attachment 927831
So the suburban tail gate will work but the helper springs are different than the blazer?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

cucvrus

No a Suburban gate is a totally different animal. Nothing will fit that I am aware of except the outside manual crank if you ever find one that had manual crank. I will put in marketplace in a few years.

jmenende

Looks great!! I used some half inch pex pipe over that spring bolt to keep it from making noise. Covered it in grease. Worked great so far. I just glued the seal on the gate the other day. They make pretty nice gaskets that fit good now. I don't remember them being formed. 3m weather stripping goop in black finished it off.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Didnt know you were a skater. Nice vans.