• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Purchased a 1943 Ford GPW

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The windshield glass was full of bubbles, broken and cracked at the edges, so they were replaced (the old windshield glass was original!
I welded shut over thirty small holes on the windshield frame alone, not counting the vast number of holes that were also welded over on the body.

I had to make special little shims to weld into the ten holes of the windshield frame that hold the canvass top onto the jeep. The home made bikini hardtop that was on the jeep when purchased was attached to the windshield frame by nuts and bolts thru the ten holes. These nuts and bolts made the holes to large for the original screw in nuts that were used to hold the rag top onto the windshield.

Attachments

Last edited:

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doing other miscellaneous parts such as wire harness connections and steering column. (CONTINUED)

There is also a photo of the special fan that I had to find so that I would not have to use the electric fan in front of the radiator that came with the jeep when purchased. It is completely flat on the radiator side and has excessive fan blade curves to generate greater air flow at low speeds. As the RPM goes up the flexible blades will flatten out the curve position they were in at the lower or idle RPM. (Summit Racing Fan)

Attachments

Last edited:

Prospector GM

Looks like you are moving right along with your 1943 Ford GPW project [thumbzup] :D . Thanks for all the photos, that you are posting. I like your build thread . Doing a great job Torisco !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jumpin::jumpin::driver::driver:

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I waited until I was about 70% done with the restore and then started posting pictures. I thought it would be better to not have any major breaks in time between the restore pictures so it would condense the thread

As of today I am about 95% complete, but the recent snow stopped me. I expect to resume on Monday the 8th if all the snow is gone.

Thanks for the compliment and here are a few pictures of the snowfall.

Attachments

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a lot of body work done. Welding holes, take out dents and dings, weld cracks, and more.

Attachments

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plenty of body work and body accessories work to do on this jeep.

Attachments

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A Little dash board hole welding and gas tank sump repairs welded and primer.

Attachments

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All new gas line installed and hood installed

Attachments

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All windshield work. Pivot bracket, cowl gasket and windshield mounting

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks