• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Purchased a 1943 Ford GPW

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Body accessories installation, bumper-ettes, etc.

Attachments

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trailer outlet connection in driver side tool box with protective cover, body side accessories install, windshield hold down clips, data plates install (original data plates held in a file with pictures showing them installed when jeep was purchased) and canvas half door sockets installed on drivers side.

Attachments

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet project! Are those reproduction "brass" data plates or restored originals. If reproductions, where did you get them done?

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a picture of the glove door removed from the jeep for restoration. These are the original data plates for this 43 GPW. I extracted all the information from them and transferred it to the new data plates I bought. The data plates have no information in the blank areas so that you can put the data there by etching, engraving, or stamping it on.

I got my plates From Ron Fitzpatrick Jeep Parts and placed the data on the new plates using a vinyl label maker (clear vinyl with black characters) with the small font to be consistent with the other writing on the data plate.

Sweet project! Are those reproduction "brass" data plates or restored originals. If reproductions, where did you get them done?

Attachments

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
By the way...I saved the old data plates as they match the frame. To prove that they are the originals, I have pictures from purchase to restoration showing the original data plates on the vehicle up to replacement with the new ones.

Thanks again for the compliment

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for your comments. Almost done. There is the radio to add, the first aid kit, the wipers, the hand air pump, the jack and jack handle, an accessory outlet under the dash, and other accessories.

Man, this baby is lookin gooddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rear view mirror added, bikini top added (also have a full winter enclosure coming) windshield wipers and gas tank sump debris blocker.

Attachments

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shifting knobs (note the overdrive lever) Antennae and antennae base, radio equipment power base mounting, AM2060 mounting for PRC77 radio.

Attachments

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi,
As long as it runs well, I'd just keep the V6 and fix up the body and find some combat wheels.
I kept the V6 but I went WAY BEYOND on the fix the body part and buy some combat wheels. At the end of this thread I am posting the list of every part, every nut, bolt, piece of sandpaper etc. that it took to do this restore. I kept a running list of all my costs (no labor and nothing that I already had laying around ).

Last edited:

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PRC Radio Install. Ran an entirely separate power cable from the battery to a 24VDC transformer (switch operated) to power the radio equipment.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks