• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

questions on buying a hummer?

Expendable

Blazer1987, humvee.net has some good info regarding HMMWVs. follow the link below.

http://hummerknowledgebase.com/HMMWV.html

some quick facts

A1: 6.2L NA Detroit Diesel engine, 3 speed TH400 transmission. some A1s were retrofitted with A2 drivetrain.
A2: 6.5L NA Detroit Diesel engine, 4 speed 4L80e transmission.

I am not familiar with designations of the humvees that got the Turbo Diesel.

Blazer1987

Yeah im changing my mind about getting a HMMWV. Knowin most of them are for off road use only. It would be fun but I dont have any property to use it on. Prob. Gonna go with a m1008 maybe. Easier maintenance and availability. I appreciate everyones help and knowledge. Saved me from buying a humvee and getting a big surprise when going to the registry. Thank you

tage

Yeah im changing my mind about getting a HMMWV. Knowin most of them are for off road use only. It would be fun but I dont have any property to use it on. Prob. Gonna go with a m1008 maybe. Easier maintenance and availability. I appreciate everyones help and knowledge. Saved me from buying a humvee and getting a big surprise when going to the registry. Thank you
:jumpin:Tschuess

dangood

Engine smoke could be an injector or something a little simpler than a bad engine. (although there are plenty of high priced Hummer/humvee/hmmwv rigs out there with the crap beat out of them with bad engines and trannies still hobbling down the desert.) My advise would be compression check if you have the time, or at least look for sand in the air cleaner and intake (buddy paid over $25K for one and it had over a cup of sand in the air cleaner and all intake hoses had sand, and tranny had sand, wood chips and all sorts of christmas in it and it had hardly any oil pressure) and check oil pressure at cold (should read 55-60 psi) and at hot (should maintain 25-30 at idle). If oil pressure is low, and drops to 5-8 psi when hot, you prob have a bad engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks