• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rac-15 mre/water heater power cord

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike at Murphy's Surplus might have some of the connectors. That's where I got mine.

I'm in the process of building a bracket to hold mine on the side of the bed of my M-37. It slips over the wooden side rails and clamps without any holes or modifications to the truck.

If anyone is interested, I can post pictures when it is done.

Storm 51

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll post pictures this afternoon of the bracket. I still have to do some more work to finish it up, but you can see how it will mount in the truck and how it holds the heater.

Storm 51

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, that's one option; but I want to use mine to cook stuff while I'm driving, so bouncing around in the bed can make for a mess. I made the rack so I can tie it down while driving or put it on the table of the Command truck kit or move it out to the tailgate when I arrive at my destination.

The bracket still needs a little more work before it is finished. I'll post pics when it is done.

I also have to fabricate and install the power distribution system in the bed of the truck to make the lights, radios, cooler and crockpot work.

Storm 51

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, 319!

The Rak-15 gets called the "crockpot" because of its function. The "cooler" is a blood chiller.

Sometimes things just get renamed. (Shrug)

Storm 51

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's some more pictures of how the RAK-15 will be mounted in the truck. I put the table in and let the right side troop seat down.

It's really, really nice to be able to sit down and have a table to put things on and write notes on while you're working on stuff. I might put the cooler in the back too for cold refreshments in the hot afternoons.

I think I'm going to like this when it's all done........... :D

IMG_8640R.jpgIMG_8649R.jpgIMG_8648R.jpgIMG_8647R.jpgIMG_8646R.jpgIMG_8645R.jpgIMG_8644R.jpgIMG_8643R.jpgIMG_8642R.jpgIMG_8641R.jpgIMG_8650R.jpg

Storm 51

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice. I cant remember where i got my connector for mine, but it was like $70. I use mine all the time, even when we are stopped and on 110v i run it for a constant hot water supply (I have a 24v charger that runs from my 110 to keep that going).

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe that they are just standard canon connectors. Let me go check mine and I'll let you know.

The manual for the RAK-15 MRE Heater is available online at liberated manuals. The connector number should be in there.

I do not believe these are a proprietary plug.

Storm 51

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
O.K., I checked mine. It is a standard mil-spec canon connector. Mine is made by Bendix.

The Mil-Spec number is MS31D6F16-10S. Bendix number is 9532. It is a three pin socket (female) with A and C on top and B at the bottom. Standard shell behind the connector with a cable strain relief clamp. If you need some pictures I can post them. I doubt you will be able to see the numbers however.

Everyone likes to buy these surplus because buying them new from a connector house is EXPENSIVE. The surplus places may be out of stock but you can always by one new; but it will hurt.

Storm 51

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can one of you post pics of the male and female connectors, with a scale? I'll check my stock.

ralph3162

So all this has convinced me that I need one for my truck which I have just purchased. I also need a cord. I found the connector but like others I need a pin assignment so I can wire the plug properly. I am still trying to find manuals or blueprints or something that will explain the pin assignment but no luck at this time. Any help would be very appreciated.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have it, only two are used. Am away from computer right now but will grab it when home if somebody else does not get it first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks