• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rac-15 mre/water heater power cord

Jeepsinker

I just got two of these in the mail today ( Thanks Juanprado!) I did get one connector with mine. Now to figure out where it will be mounted. I have another butchered deuce wiring harness outside I will steal the flasher module plug off of for the second heater.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Best thing i ever got for the truck. I have one running right now in back of truck. When parked and on 110 there is a 24 Volt battery tender feeding the batteries, so this thing is on all day making sure i have a hot cuppa all day long.

If you can reuse another connector with cable attached thats a nice way to do it, these little connectors are a little fiddly to solder new wire onto. They are well enough sealed too that they stay hot for hours.

2014-08-22 22.09.54.jpg

glassk

I also made a wire set up for mine, and also put a plug in the dash to hook it to.... if you find the tent receptical sets, they use the exact plugs on the the outlet box(it's what I used for the dash plug) and then just used the cord from the kit....it's already made for you. I'll have to find my pics.
I thought they looked the same, the 16-10P is contact size 16 and arrangement 10P in the part numbers are what I saw, I have a few of these I think from a Dist kit outlet boxes if they might help someone,...

also 10P or 10S is plug and socket I think,

Attachments

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While messing around with a partially scrapped M35 yesterday, I saw this connector plug and it looked right. Tried it, it is. It's the one that goes into the flasher unit.

Cheers

PS - I now see that M123Mack already shared that tidbit of info back in post 34. And I was so pleased with my "discovery"! :)

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks