• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rac-15 mre/water heater power cord

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There have been a few threads on these with part numbers and availability discussed. Search the term "combat crockpot"

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The manual is available on Liberated Manuals .com.

The manual number is TM 10-7310-241-12 & P.

The wiring diagram is on page 1-12 Change 1.

Storm 51

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are great prices on connectors!

Seems like they are usually double that.

The stock military wire cable for these units is stranded 14/4. You should be able to get it at any decent hardware store or electrical supply house. I'm sure 14/3 would work just fine too.

Storm 51

Jeepsinker

I can't believe nobody has done a connector conversion on one of these yet. There are HUNDREDS of viable connectors out there that are much easier to get parts for.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
O.K., I'll grab the next one I see and let you know. I come across them occasionally for a lot less than what I see them selling for on Ebay. It would be nice to have these more accessible to MV people.

Storm 51

123mack

It's the same plug that plugs the wiring harness on a 2.5 or 5 ton into the flasher unit. That's what I used to make my power cord.

eagle4g63

I also made a wire set up for mine, and also put a plug in the dash to hook it to.... if you find the tent receptical sets, they use the exact plugs on the the outlet box(it's what I used for the dash plug) and then just used the cord from the kit....it's already made for you. I'll have to find my pics.

rwminck

MRE Heater Power?

So I bought a MRE/Water heater online and like a doofis I did not check to see how I am going to hook it up. The plug on the heater has 3 prongs. Anyone know a power cord source for this unit? Thanks

power.jpg$_14.JPG

ralph3162

Mre Heater Power

Plug needed is an Amphenol MS3106F16-10S MIL-DTL-5015 it can be found with internet search run about 20 to 30 bucks. You then need SO cord 14ga 3 strand cord. a soldering iron. Plug wiring is as follows.

A=22-28 v positive
B=Ground
C=Not used

Also if you want a manual with specs and electrical diagram can be found at www.liberatedmanuals.com TM 10-7310-241-12&P

Also might I suggest a receptacle that can be hard wired into the truck. Amphenol MS3102R16-10P

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search using the terms "combat crock pot" There is one active thread going on right now which links to another one. Has all the info you need.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks