• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Railroad Forum

Should we have a Railroad Forum?

• Sure, I don't see why not, we have tanks and few own them.

Votes: 52 83.9%
  • Nope, trains is dumb!

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Ferro is nuts

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Santa Fe 3751 (Los Angeles-San Bernardino) Feat. High Speed Pace! - YouTube My favorite steam locomotive the Santa Fe 3751, the oldest Northern type 4-8-4 steam locomotive in existence. Built in May of 1927 by Baldwin and she will celebrate her 100th birthday in 2027. She just finished a major FRA required overhaul that took about 6 years. Her home is at Amtrak's Redondo Yard in Los Angeles. She was on display at Viaduct Park in San Bernadino from 1956 till 1986 when she was rescued by the San Bernadino Railway Historical Society. She made her return to steam in 1991 on a trip from LA to Bakersfield, CA. In this video she is running down the middle of the 10 freeway south of Los Angeles. [thumbzup]

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Santa Fe 3751 (Los Angeles-San Bernardino) Feat. High Speed Pace! - YouTube My favorite steam locomotive the Santa Fe 3751, the oldest Northern type 4-8-4 steam locomotive in existence. Built in May of 1927 by Baldwin and she will celebrate her 100th birthday in 2027. She just finished a major FRA required overhaul that took about 6 years. Her home is at Amtrak's Redondo Yard in Los Angeles. She was on display at Viaduct Park in San Bernadino from 1956 till 1986 when she was rescued by the San Bernadino Railway Historical Society. She made her return to steam in 1991 on a trip from LA to Bakersfield, CA. In this video she is running down the middle of the 10 freeway south of Los Angeles. [thumbzup]
And again... I grabbed some frames to share.

Santa Fe 3751 - 01.jpg Santa Fe 3751 - 02.jpg Santa Fe 3751 - 03.jpgSanta Fe 3751 - 04.jpg Santa Fe 3751 - 05.jpg Santa Fe 3751 - 06.jpg

And the last image... After Action. Out with the grease gun getting her ready to ride again.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Had to snag a few pictures from this one... Two locomotives up front with Norfolk Southern 4088 leading, Union Pacific 6360 in the second position and Union Pacific 3090 bringing up the rear. Total of 74 Military rail cars loaded with all kinds of wonderful toys :cool:

UP Mile Post 536.0

Military Train - Bufford, Wyoming @ MP 536 01.jpg Military Train - Bufford, Wyoming @ MP 536 02.jpg Military Train - Bufford, Wyoming @ MP 536 03.jpg Military Train - Bufford, Wyoming @ MP 536 04.jpg Military Train - Bufford, Wyoming @ MP 536 05.jpg
Military Train - Bufford, Wyoming @ MP 536 06.jpg Military Train - Bufford, Wyoming @ MP 536 07.jpg Military Train - Bufford, Wyoming @ MP 536 08.jpg Military Train - Bufford, Wyoming @ MP 536 09.jpg Military Train - Bufford, Wyoming @ MP 536 10.jpg

Picture 8 is where the train is pulling away from your point of view.

VIDEO CREDIT: Original video shot by Michael Tuinstra

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Stopped by the Cass scenic railway in West Virginia today. Pretty interesting gear driven locomotives that have been in service since the 1900s. 4 hour and 2hour round trip rides up the mountain. I am happy to know that these folks give the EPA a stroke everyday.

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stopped by the Cass scenic railway in West Virginia today. Pretty interesting gear driven locomotives that have been in service since the 1900s. 4 hour and 2hour round trip rides up the mountain. I am happy to know that these folks give the EPA a stroke everyday.
Several of their steam cranes are ex-Navy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks