• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RALLY FOR N.J.???? TRI STATE AREA? UPDATED (8-2-08)

joec

RALLY FOR N.J.????

FRIDAY IS ALMOST UPON US. RIDE FOR SUNDAY IS UP IN THE AIR. UNLESS SOME ONE VOLUNTEERS..!

SOUTH JERSEY CHAPTER MVPA/ STEEL SOLDIERS

ALL VEHICLES WELCOME WE MIGHT HAVE A PLACE FOR EVERYONE TO CAMP AT DOWN THE ROAD

What do you guys think Go out and ride around the base and beyond?

And have a swap meet also. I can get the area right on route206 in Vincentown to host. About 15 minutes from Ft.Dix/ Mcguire. Let me know?

ANY COMPANY INTERESTED IN BRINGING PRODUCT TO SET UP CONTACT ME VIA E-MAIL,PM..NO CHARGE !!! OR IF YOU WANT A SPOT SETUP FOR YOUR COMPANY SEND ME A CONTACT INFO. WILL BE HAPPY TO DO IT.

I am checking into hotel info About 3-15 miles away. depending where you want to stay at the closer ones are independent and the ones further away are Econo Lodge and such. Napa, autozone, Walmart fast food pizza places, Mcdonalds all of them all witin 10-15 minutes.

More info to follow
AERVOE has pulled out

Attachments

joec

RE: RALLY FOR N.J.???? TRI STATE AREA?

OK no one Interested? come on guys i can get a place for us to meet at. Right across the street from a WAWA. and sit and park. Possibly have a swap meet? ....What do you think?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

There is a show in New Jersey in April, I believe, in Augusta at the Sussex Cty. Farm & Horse Show Fairgrounds. I would be interested it it was later in the summer...

joec

Ahhh ok didn't know about that one. But since we are so close to the base and the pine barrens we alot of places to go ride. And a pretty good size spot to have a show/swap meet and woods ride. Pretty flexable with when we can have it.

emr

joec,, Hope u check out the NJ show, wwwmtaofnj.org, april 13 and 14, camping from fri eve on,even all covered outside vendors, they ALL come to this show, Would Love to set up a steelsoldiers area, i could do it pretty easy, i do the display area and would be happy to set aside part of the area, if anyone wanted,just a thought, Randy

joec

I will be at this as well. I was Just talking to MUDLORD. We could set up a 100 mile ride. we have space if any body wanted to trailer there stuff. And then drive. I think it would be fun. We have big enough area to park vehicles and have a swap meet in the future and go from there. I would love to see 50 vehicles plus. There are 2 so far... :beer:

Also room for track vehicles as well. And a lake to have some amphibious vehicles to take a swim about 4 minutes away.

Mike (MUDLORD) maybe we can take some guys to the patch as well... rofl

MVtrucker

Good idea, Joec. As mentioned, be sure a date does not conflict with other mv events. I'm less than two hours from the proposed location, so it's ideal for me. The pond should bring out the "swimmers" (amphibious vehicles) and I know that the pines are a great place to trail ride.

Mike_Pop

Joe,

I've run many trail rides through the Pines. Even got hassled by the rangers every time we went. Make sure you are registered and insured. Check with Mark from Pemberton. He runs rides through there all the time and knows the trails very well. He's a member on SS: Mark's Garage. Also contact NickD from SS. He lives in New Castle, DE and usually brings his deuce up for rides. There are also some Unimog owners who have gone on my trail rides who would like to go. Maybe you can see if there is a trail cleanup in the spring.

joec

Mark lives down the road. And i will try to arrange with the forrest fire sevice also. They can spread the word. I have to guys in towne that work for them. And one has about 3 M-37's. See if i can get Chris to go. He knows all that work for the state. I don't think it should be a problem. Mike (MUDLORD)...Knows alot of the trails. I would like to see some swimmers show. The water hole is more then large enough and deep enough for what ever shows. Plus we can have track vehicles.

Thanks, MIke
WE Will have a date soon!

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor

as far as a woods ride, we can set it up according to how many people and how far away they are coming from. if someone is driving in from far they may or may not want to do a hundred mile rough terrain ride and then have to drive home.
as far as offroading in jersey goes, its kind of frowned upon. not saying that we are going to get busted by ranger but we may run into them and they will stop us just to stop us because they do that with everybody. insurance and registration is a must. i dont know how track vehicles would go over. they may not be allowed in the parks. i know for a fact that they wont let amphibious vehicles in the waters. nj is verry funny about destruction of wildlife and vegitation. offroading is illegal according to the books, but driving in the woods isnt. i know places that we wont get hassled to play at but moving from place to place we may run ito the rangers and like i said we will be stopped. most likely they will see we are a responsible bunch of people and just check out our trucks like everyone else does. to ease your minds i will say thet i have been stopped in a larger group of trucks four wheeling, about 13 trucks, we had open containers in the vehicles and somebody threw one out the window and the ranger seen it and was more upset about the litter than the open container. he said dont litter, next time hide it better. so like i said, responsible people just cruisin in army trucks prolly wont be an issue with them.
as far as contacting them about the ride beforehand, dont know if thats a good idea or not. they may tell us no way. they may be totally cool about it. atvs and dirtbike ridiing is illegal, but they do do have enduro races and such in the state parks. all the bikes are tagged and insured and they do go off the designated trail so calling them may not be a bad idea. if its only a handful of trucks i woulndt worry about callin

joec

The palce down the road is private and they have no say what goes on there it's a man made lake. The tracked vehicles can be at the township area with no problem Chris down the road from me is going to get back. He's in the forrest fire service and Fire warden. Like he said you respect the enviroment there shouldn't be an issue. It's not like it's a bunch of teenagers out tearing the woods up. We can have swimmers I will pass it with the owner. Jade Run Sod farm owns the pond. We should be ok as far as the lake and the parking area. Just have to decide on a date. The cruise should go great. As far as a swap meet thats up to the rest.

Mike_Pop

RE: Re: RE: RALLY FOR N.J.???? TRI STATE AREA?

I didn't write it...Bruce Kalin did. However, it was my first trail ride that I organized.

joec

If ANYBODY WANTS TO BRING PARTS THAT ARE HEAVY....Don't worry we can move them around we will have a off road forklift that can handle 5T. And we can handle it. Plus what ever else you can throw out there.

joec

Re: RE: RALLY FOR N.J.???? TRI STATE AREA?

emr said:
joec,, Hope u check out the NJ show, wwwmtaofnj.org, april 13 and 14, camping from fri eve on,even all covered outside vendors, they ALL come to this show, Would Love to set up a steelsoldiers area, i could do it pretty easy, i do the display area and would be happy to set aside part of the area, if anyone wanted,just a thought, Randy

Sounds Good...I can probally bring the deuce. Maybe Joe Young could bring The m151...and some others?

FormerNewMVGuy

I'm in for a ride for sure! If you want a swap meet thats fine with me also.I voted for just the ride,but either is fine with me :D Im about 45 minutes to an hour from vincentown.I would like to meet up with the other jersey guys 8) Let me know what we need and i'll see if i cant be of some help! Thanks for gettin this going joec 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks