• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rapco paint is no longer Gillespie?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bummer... I guess mine are the old style too.

I also notice that the old can says Net Weight of 11 ounces on the old and 12 ounces on the new.
Wonder why the one ounce difference? Don't quite imagine it would be more paint in the new can.

I have saved all those extra nozzles and it is interesting that I noticed some were different.
I guess glcaines comment explains that!
the old style had 5.7 oz of propellent and solvent, the new cans have 6.8 oz. Same amount of paint, but commiefornia compliant other stuff.

eric67camino

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got one of those given to me and thought it was a waste of time. Figured I should at least try it though... Turns out you do have a little better control with the handle on the can - like a real paint gun. Mine didn't have a special nozzle though. Just a can holder. You supply the can and nozzle.

I recently painted a 3ft x 2ft box with it on the back right of my wrecker. It looks incredibly smooth and even and I used the can gripper.

That information and a nickel won't but you a cup of coffee though :-(
The biggest benefit for me, when I used it, was that it eased trigger finger fatigue when painting a lot at one time.

Jaminsquadrito

The extra nozzles are the old version. The new cans don't have enough space under the cap to fit a second nozzle according to Mark.
If you need new spray nozzles: here's a link to the nozzles that Duracoat uses for their Aerosol Cans. Wonderful nozzles - fan type spray with super fine mist. I bought 200 of them so I never have to worry about nozzles again. .45 cents each

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks