• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

removing the box

Dave08

That is what I got for mine as well and it is also in great shape...no rust but I do not have the ladder to go with it. Everything else is there.
Dave08

Dave08

M109 Box

Wonder if a 109 box would sit on a dropside bed if I removed the sides?
I think it would but you would have to devise a way to tie it down. The box is just as wide as your cargo box variant. However, I can measure the width of the box if you would like and let you know.
Dave08

Bill W

Its easy to lift a box off the deuce
Go buy 4 straps and then go borrow your buddies M-62 wrecker :mrgreen:
body off.jpg

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think it would but you would have to devise a way to tie it down. The box is just as wide as your cargo box variant. However, I can measure the width of the box if you would like and let you know.
Dave08
I'd like to know the width. I'd modify my bedsides if I could sit one on there to make an "RV".

Dave08

Measuring the width of the box just behind the cab compartment yields 95 and 1/2 inches. This is just shy of eight feet wide. I hope this helps and if you need anything else; just let me know.
Dave08

Vintage iron

Maloney, was your 109 van/box on a deuce or a 5 ton? I just bought the 5 ton with a 109 box on it. The box is pretty beat and would need a bunch of work. Please let me know if your goes back up for sale. If I can't find a good box, I may make mine a tractor and put a 400 cummins in it with a thirteen speed. My box is going to make a great chicken coop. ;-)