• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

removing the box

Dave08

That is what I got for mine as well and it is also in great shape...no rust but I do not have the ladder to go with it. Everything else is there.
Dave08

Dave08

M109 Box

Wonder if a 109 box would sit on a dropside bed if I removed the sides?
I think it would but you would have to devise a way to tie it down. The box is just as wide as your cargo box variant. However, I can measure the width of the box if you would like and let you know.
Dave08

Bill W

Its easy to lift a box off the deuce
Go buy 4 straps and then go borrow your buddies M-62 wrecker :mrgreen:
body off.jpg

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think it would but you would have to devise a way to tie it down. The box is just as wide as your cargo box variant. However, I can measure the width of the box if you would like and let you know.
Dave08
I'd like to know the width. I'd modify my bedsides if I could sit one on there to make an "RV".

Dave08

Measuring the width of the box just behind the cab compartment yields 95 and 1/2 inches. This is just shy of eight feet wide. I hope this helps and if you need anything else; just let me know.
Dave08

Vintage iron

Maloney, was your 109 van/box on a deuce or a 5 ton? I just bought the 5 ton with a 109 box on it. The box is pretty beat and would need a bunch of work. Please let me know if your goes back up for sale. If I can't find a good box, I may make mine a tractor and put a 400 cummins in it with a thirteen speed. My box is going to make a great chicken coop. ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks