• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Request M35A2 Retrieval info

Another Ahab

I would actually prefer "lethal injection" to hanging. I've always felt hanging was very barbaric !
The guillotine does the job best, but the world is too queasy to admit it.

The irony is that Dr. Guillotine invented the machine to make the job more humane, then the Jacobites went and put him under it.

Which just goes to show:

- Think twice before "sticking your neck out" for others. fat lady sings:mrgreen:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The guillotine does the job best, but the world is too queasy to admit it.

The irony is that Dr. Guillotine invented the machine to make the job more humane, then the Jacobites went and put him under it.

Which just goes to show:

- Think twice before "sticking your neck out" for others. fat lady sings:mrgreen:
Consciousness is retained for several seconds afterwards. Guillotine would not be my first choice.

Massive opioid overdose would probably be the most humane.

The way lethal injection is typically done today is not humane.

5mg Versed
20mg Pavulon
Followed by potassium chloride

The versed is a token dose. The goal must be for the staff to feel like they've "done something" , because it sure isn't an effective dose for sedation.

The Pavulon is horrific. It paralyzes you but leaves you wide awake and unable to move or breathe. 20mg is certainly a lethal dose, but it'll take 3-4min to lose consciousness and more than 7min to die...

The KCL is also a lethal dose. It'll stop the heart. It also hurts like ****. Burns like acid in the vein into which it is injected, and extreme chest pain when the heart stops. The victim doesn't thrash though - the Pavulon prevents that.

The guillotine would be an improvement, but wouldn't be my first choice to be on the receiving end.

rustystud

Consciousness is retained for several seconds afterwards. Guillotine would not be my first choice.

Massive opioid overdose would probably be the most humane.

The way lethal injection is typically done today is not humane.

5mg Versed
20mg Pavulon
Followed by potassium chloride

The versed is a token dose. The goal must be for the staff to feel like they've "done something" , because it sure isn't an effective dose for sedation.

The Pavulon is horrific. It paralyzes you but leaves you wide awake and unable to move or breathe. 20mg is certainly a lethal dose, but it'll take 3-4min to lose consciousness and more than 7min to die...

The KCL is also a lethal dose. It'll stop the heart. It also hurts like ****. Burns like acid in the vein into which it is injected, and extreme chest pain when the heart stops. The victim doesn't thrash though - the Pavulon prevents that.

The guillotine would be an improvement, but wouldn't be my first choice to be on the receiving end.
UGGGHHHH !!!! I suffer from "sleep paralysis" , thankfully not every day. I can wake up, but I'm unable to move for several seconds to minutes. The worst is if I fall asleep on the couch and my head falls down to my chest closing off my air pipe. I cannot move and cannot breathe !!! So I take back dying from lethal injection ! That sounds horrible !!! I would rather die from a firing squad then. To bad no one gives you lethal doses of Morphine . Sounds like a far more humane way to kill someone.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
UGGGHHHH !!!! I suffer from "sleep paralysis" , thankfully not every day. I can wake up, but I'm unable to move for several seconds to minutes. The worst is if I fall asleep on the couch and my head falls down to my chest closing off my air pipe. I cannot move and cannot breathe !!! So I take back dying from lethal injection ! That sounds horrible !!! I would rather die from a firing squad then. To bad no one gives you lethal doses of Morphine . Sounds like a far more humane way to kill someone.
We are in agreement ; morphine is an opioid.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yeah, this thread "Request M35A2 Retrievall info" went someplace else!

But now that you took me there I don't have a problem with it because
I figure I can't die until I get my Deuce the way I want it.
It is going to be long long time yet for me as the Deuce comes right after
the house that is not the way I want it yet and that has been only 35 years..
See the optimism?

For the OP I suggest going to the Deuce stickies, that everything He might need spreadsheet is in there.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Derpy has my contact info and can call with any questions. We have spoke already and it seems as if the button fell off the plunger.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
does anyone have the tread link to where i can get all the parts for this vehicle, i seem have not book marked it when i was viewing it. cant find it anymore. i suck at computer ****
These are my favorite parts vendors. I often compare prices and shipping costs.

http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/

https://www.bigmikesmotorpool.com/pages/frontpage

http://mvpartstore.com/

https://www.realcustomtrucks.com/

You can also always post a WANT AD in the SteelSoldiers Classifieds for other parts you may be looking for.

Last edited:

rustystud

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really like "Eriks" too but you left out "White Owl" !
I think Erik's has the best prices, but maybe higher shipping. Though from southern California to Utah is 2-day shipping - I love that. Though Erik's probably has the more difficult website to navigate while Big Mike's is the easier - except if you're on a mobile web browser. Then, for some reason, the "Search" function is not available.

Do you mean http://www.whiteowl.com/ ?

I do not see much for sale there. A few surplus trucks, generators, trailer, a water tank, and some engines. But not the place you'd shop if you wanted, say, a thermostat.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
White Owl has a nice online shop set up; they look to have the best prices on the new-style head gaskets with fire rings.

Derpy

Does anyone know about the deuc salavage yard in russleville Alabama I have been hearing about it but can't find a **** thing on how to find him or call him

Derpy

I'm quite enjoying this conversation, I encourage for y'all to continue it. I'm getting some nice laughs out of it

rustystud

I think Erik's has the best prices, but maybe higher shipping. Though from southern California to Utah is 2-day shipping - I love that. Though Erik's probably has the more difficult website to navigate while Big Mike's is the easier - except if you're on a mobile web browser. Then, for some reason, the "Search" function is not available.

Do you mean http://www.whiteowl.com/ ?

I do not see much for sale there. A few surplus trucks, generators, trailer, a water tank, and some engines. But not the place you'd shop if you wanted, say, a thermostat.
Like gimpyrobb said, call them. George will most likely answer and he can get you almost anything for the deuce. They don't list anything on their website so you need to call. I just ordered three sets of steering sector shafts and bearings and shims. You cannot find those on any other website. Sometimes you call and they have to go look and see what they have first. They have warehouses full of stuff. The price is not always the best, but they usually will have what you want.

Derpy

i still havent been able to find out where to get the hydraulic head Button, nor the correct name to search for it. will i not need to have a replacement button and will just need to put the retainer clip back on? or what.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "button" on the bottom of the plunger* (part of the hydraulic head) is the fuel button; it is held on by a 3-leg clip-on retaining spring. This spring is what you need to replace, as it wears out and allows the fuel button to fall off the shaft, causing the truck to get no fuel to injectors. The fuel button is lapped & fitted to the shaft; most likely you just need to get the new fuel button retaining clip spring.

I got mine direct from AMBAC several years ago; I purchased more than 10 and I only have one left I think....they go quick. I'll look up the link for their online store & contact info.

ETA: Found AMBAC International, or you can call them at 800-628-6894 to order.

*Thanks Chris! Edited...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks