• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Request M35A2 Retrieval info

texas30cal

Also get the bow tie washer, the button falls off bc the plunger is sticky or stuck and fails to follow the camshaft AND bc the clip gets old and fatigued. If the plunger is stuck bad enough it breaks the bowtie washer, will be best to have it on hand, if not broken just put it in there anyway. I think the ambac part numbers are in the sticky thread, I believe it was there that I asked for them.

plunger guide # GU404360

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The button is on the bottom of the plunger, not the quill shaft.

The quill shaft is what spins the hydraulic head.

gimpyrobb

Just hung up from talking to Derpy. The hyd head is out. The button IS still attached. The drive washe ISN'T broken. I mentioned it might be the delivery valve on the side of the head(12pt screw) but I know those are finicky and hard to get good parts for. I wanted to see what you guys think it could be from here.

He mentioned that some of the injectors had good flow and some barely had any, what would cause that?

gimpyrobb

So he took the 12pt bolt out and looked over the delivery valve, seems in good shape. He DID mention that he could NOT blow through the injector lines from the Hyd head to the injectors.

Anyone have a spare set? I only have one spare line to offer(#4).

texas30cal

Good news on the hyd head! Must have been moisture in the fuel that sat in the lines? On steel brake lines that get plugged with rust I use a piece of a old clutch or brake cable chucked in my drill like a roto rooter, BUT idk if that would leave behind trash that could damage the injectors in this case.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good news on the hyd head! Must have been moisture in the fuel that sat in the lines? On steel brake lines that get plugged with rust I use a piece of a old clutch or brake cable chucked in my drill like a roto rooter, BUT idk if that would leave behind trash that could damage the injectors in this case.
Don't risk creating more problems, do it right and replace all the lines!

Derpy

Okay like robb said, i have checked the HH button and all machanics work no problem. but the out take lines are unable to be blown through,AS i spin the gear on the button. If there is a set way to open each valve then please tell me, cuase im buot to soak it in diesl fuel and blow all channels out.
this is my last idea of what is wrong. the symptoms are the injection fuel lines arent constantly pumping fuel as you turn the engine over. then when we bleed the injection line of air, it has pressure behing the fuel for about a whole second then looses all pressure. the engine will start and run for a whole second on eather but will immediately stall afterwards.

rustystud

If your lines are blocked due to rust then get some good used lines ! It is not worth the cost and damage you will do to your injectors. Plus now the lines will be weaker then normal and can potentially burst ! You don't want that in your engine compartment ! Or worse yet, getting yourself or someone else sprayed with high pressure diesel fuel ! Look-up what happens if you get injected with high pressure diesel. It is not pretty ! and can possibly kill you. This is something you don't want to play with !

Derpy

yeah im not sure either, but will take that warning well. also if you say the pressure is that high then it should continue to pumping pressure when i turn the pimps on and NOT lost pressure 1 second in...

rustystud

013 (4).jpg010 (4).jpg

OK now I'm confused. I thought you said your injection lines where plugged and rusted ? Now your saying it is in the Hydraulic Head ? If it is the Hydraulic Head then you must completely disassemble it and clean out all those little passages from the "plunger" to the individual injection lines. There are special set screws that hold in special little plugs that can be removed and then allow you to clean the passages, but the plunger must be removed to prevent it from getting damaged.
I added some pictures above showing the set screws and plugs.

Last edited:

Derpy

i think i found the problem... and man o man is there some gunk in this HH. Ill post a video of it tomorrow, so sweepy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks