• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Request M35A2 Retrieval info

DavidWymore

In tank pump should make 5-7 psi.

Injection booster pump on the side on the IP should make 30 at idle, about 100 full throttle. Install a pressure gauge in the bleeder port on the secondary/final filter housing.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
is there a way to tell if there isnt enough pressure being built up? is there compression that should be there but might not, how do i check for compression. also when it ran, they said it wouldn't go over 20 mph. is this a symptom to my problem?
Also check you transfer case and make sure it's in high gear. The handle all the way up.

dmetalmiki

You can't be serious?....It will (should) start without the gearbox..transfer case! axles!..body..hood..bumper..the list goes on..BUT..if it is in the low range (transfer shift down..then the speed at sensible RPM,s would be about 20(ish give and take) MPH.

Derpy

Anyone got a link to a post that shows how to get everything oiled and greased up? I don't want to miss greasing up a joint cause I missed it until I smell smoke

jbayer

Anyone got a link to a post that shows how to get everything oiled and greased up? I don't want to miss greasing up a joint cause I missed it until I smell smoke
Did you try the TM's in the Technical manuals section?
There's a whole manual devoted to lubricating.
LO9-2320-209-12-1 Lubrication Order for the M35 series.

Derpy

there is a 3rd filter on the right side of the engine, it looks like a main filter and im wondering if its the same as the other fuel filter?

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there is a 3rd filter on the right side of the engine, it looks like a main filter and im wondering if its the same as the other fuel filter?
DSCF1762.jpg It's the primary fuel filter. I suggest you spend time reading the TMs and get familiar with your vehicle. It makes things easier.

FloridaAKM

It is there to remove any large junk that made it thru the pump out of the fuel tank, it also gives any water that you might sucked out of the tank, a place to stay till you drain it out the system the next time you do a prestart inspection before you drive the truck. Some of the older trucks have a permanent element that you just clean & reinstall. The newer trucks have a replaceable filter cartridge. This filter is completely different than the two filters on the firewall on the drivers side, which are the same size. These trucks are maintenance heavy, but if you enjoy what they are, it is worth it.

Last edited:

Derpy

info

im trying to figure out where in the manuals this is but no luck, does anyone know exactly what this does and what if part in the system is for. im still having issues with fuel being feed to my engine, myy injectors lines are spitting very good and the plastic lines running over those flows good. but its seems that somethings still not letting the fuel into the cylinders. cause i can run it on a eather mix but it it stalls out the second i stop feeding it. i will post the videos of the injectors firing when i can figure it out how to post it

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Pull the plug out of the middle of the hydraulic head and measure how much the plunger travels up and down when you turn the engine over.

Open this up and make sure it's free
First thought to mind about the "5:00" position vs "7:00" position is reversing:

- does the set-up allow for the possibility of reversing the installation of the mechanism at all?

Does that make any sense?

DavidWymore

First thought to mind about the "5:00" position vs "7:00" position is reversing:

- does the set-up allow for the possibility of reversing the installation of the mechanism at all?

Does that make any sense?
Dunno, ain't been that deep. Doubt it. Bet rusty knows.

That's just a random vid I grabbed to show what I was talking about (fuel shutoff).

If I had to guess, that rod is moved by the governor weights/throttle. It moves when throttle is moved with engine running.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks