• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rhino 5/4 RV

Rhino 5/4

Question, I am pulling out the run flats in the HMMWV wheels. I don't think we will be doing much rock crawling and requiring airing down:ROFLMAO:. Do any of you see the need to buy and install the PVC inserts? This is my first dealings with these wheels and tires.

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Question, I am pulling out the run flats in the HMMWV wheels. I don't think we will be doing much rock crawling and requiring airing down:ROFLMAO:. Do any of you see the need to buy and install the PVC inserts? This is my first dealings with these wheels and tires.
Are they run-flats or bead locks? I've seen some post where some were calling the bead locks, run-flats.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If there is just the piece between the 2 sidewall beads put them back in and anything thats hanging down into the tire take it out and put em in a box someone will want them later

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Rhino 5/4

Late start tonight but made some headway. Bearing, tyranny, case and new shaft in and working. Checked rear axle alignment to frame and good to go. Hopefully get perches welded, brakes done and sheetmetal back on and driveable tomorrow. Then round 2 with the front axle. 20211224_012804.jpg

2AForever

A more truthful statement might never have been said.

Today, the youngsters have their heads buried in "that glowy thing" rather than taking in what goes on around them.
There really is magic that a lot of folks our age saw down by the river that are missed.
Howdy Neighbors, it does bring a lump to the throat and a little welling up to the eye
Spirit of the wild I guess. Its a shame that we are probably the last that will know and appreciate the past, the beauty of what is natural and peaceful. Too many distractions for the minds of the young to sit, see and take in what is real and true.
Howdy Neighbors, it does bring a lump to the throat and a little welling up to the eye.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter

coachgeo

Lmao when I read “brought home some dinosaurs”, I had it in my head I wonder what old pieces or equipment he got. Nope was I wrong , it was actual dinosaurs ba ha ha ha.
you thought better than I did....... I thought he mugged some old geezers👨‍🦳👴🎅 and brought them home for slave mechanic labor ( :beer: beer and pretzels for pay?)

Rhino 5/4

Went shopping today and I think I found out that part of the stuff I bought with the big DANA and thinking was rear disk conversion was actually the dual hubs for the front need. I have to tear the front down and see. A blessing if it is. I think these are 5 ton tyranny in crates 1 out of crate, 1100 20 tires and 3 more never issued DANA 70 hd 456 with Detroit locker. Still has paint on ring gears. And a bunch of other stuff if anyone knows of someone looking.

Attachments

Rhino 5/4

Well the ol girl let me down the other day and had to tow her home. On the way to the store she died and just spins over when I hit the starter. Has a 1 year old hei distributor. 12 volts to coil pack. Changed the coil but didn't solve the issue. Going to swap distributor for a new one and bench test to figure out what's wrong fix issue and have a backup. Thinking ignition module. And of course only a 3 month warranty.

Rhino 5/4

20210925_162524.jpg I absolutely do not need another project buttttt.
I'm assuming she ran before being blead out and sold and have no idea when that was. No title but will have a bill of sale. I don't think Texas is too hard to get her registered but I have not done one so not for sure. Worst case I could probably get most of my money back if I drug her across the scales. Plan would be to build another camper with more Sq feet and head room, single wheels and tires get her roadwothy and get some camping done
Probably wrong crowd but any thoughts questions or concerns?

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 855888
Probably wrong crowd but any thoughts questions or concerns?
M109s can be a lot of work but I have enjoyed mine and think you will like it as a base for a camper too. They have a tendency to get rust on the roof and develop water leaks, so check for that and correct as necessary before spending much effort on it. If water does get in, there is a steel floor pan under the oak flooring that rusts out, so be prepared to replace it too. Good luck! I have a build thread on here that shows what I did, and feel free to PM me if you have something specific you need help with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks