• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Same truck sells and then is relisted week after week

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Howdy,
You know we all live in the digital age.

nopics

Take your phone and maybe take 4 general pictures of your ops.
I'll shoot some pictures over next week. We are under contstruction at the moment remodeling the office and walls are coming down all around us.

infidel got me

JWade, something sounds fishy here. When pictures are offered of your operation it is conveniently (under construction) I think

you are running your operation out of a strip mall next to a Chinese take-out and using day labors to do the paperwork. Sir, you better

come clean and quit deceiving people! Just messing w/you looking forward to pics. of your workplace.

So being on the inside do you guys get to cherry pick all the good stuff?
I would have the hardest time not bringing my work home from that job.
I worked a scrap yard for the summer over 10 years ago.
I still have stuff around the yard from then. I swear I'm going to use it for something very important someday.
Family had to have a scrap metal intervention for me.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope they did it while the scrap prices were still up!

I lost my argument that I could recoup my investment in scrap metal cost. Now I'm left with actually using it to justify it...much harder.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
So being on the inside do you guys get to cherry pick all the good stuff?
I would have the hardest time not bringing my work home from that job.
I worked a scrap yard for the summer over 10 years ago.
I still have stuff around the yard from then. I swear I'm going to use it for something very important someday.
A couple of the guys out in the field have bought stuff but they don't get a deal. They have to go with Average Auction Pricing and then take into account condition and how it affects price one way or the other. We did recently buy a few humvees for marketing purposes so be looking for us at an air show near you starting in April. I'll personally be at the one in FTW on April 23rd and at Ft Dix in May. Also a prepper convention in May in Richmond as well.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
So Here is what we are looking at right now there are people to the right and left here. You can see the temp construction plastic in the background there is people on the other side of that and another one as well. I'll get better ones after we are closer to finished

office.jpg

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I feel like a new thread is in order but I'll post here as I posted the original one here as well.

Const.jpg temp wall is gone can now see across the entire office!

Last edited:

spectra3279

I know this is old. But after reading it. It is in Gp best interest to have strawman bidders. They only get 25%, so it makes sense for them to bid on their own sales to raise the price way up so they increase their profits. Then if nobody out bids them, it goes up the following week again.

Yes after 12 freaking years in the military, I see the worst in people. That way if they are not bad, I'm pleasantly suprised. Am I a cynic, **** yes I am.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is old. But after reading it. It is in Gp best interest to have strawman bidders. They only get 25%, so it makes sense for them to bid on their own sales to raise the price way up so they increase their profits. Then if nobody out bids them, it goes up the following week again.

Yes after 12 freaking years in the military, I see the worst in people. That way if they are not bad, I'm pleasantly suprised. Am I a cynic, **** yes I am.

If it were a widespread practice, statistical analysis would show it. It doesn't....

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Nope, they set minimum bids whereas Gl started bids at $150 and they know how to market them .
And just a heads up the "US" in your location is not a state ( as the rules you agreed to require) , maybe your post made me a little "cynical" but you must have something to hide .

spectra3279
Private

Last edited:

spectra3279

Nope, they set minimum bids whereas Gl started bids at $150 and they know how to market them .
And just a heads up the "US" in your location is not a state ( as the rules you agreed to require) , maybe your post made me a little "cynical" but you must have something to hide .

spectra3279
Private
Nope nothing to hide here. I'm in kommifornia.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks