• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sand, prime, paint..

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am impressed as well, Are you done with all the mechanical fixins..? From what I read you should be good to go.

I vote 3 thumbs up [thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup] and 1 rep point from me for the work ethic you displayed in your project. From what I have seen you did not procrastinate on anything. Didn't you just start this project a month ago at best...?

mattg2448

Yeah just about. I got one more day left. Stencils. I am pretty happy with the way it came out. Way better than I expected, intact I can not wait to drive it. Thanks for all the comments guys! It has been one heck of a time. Got it done just in time for fridays home coming football game!

Don, you wouldnt believe it but the truck is mechanically sound, straight from GL!

Last edited:

mattg2448

Very well done Matt! You'll be the King of Homecoming in that ride! Did you have to wash all around the shop and driveway after sanding or did you vacuum up the CARC dust?
Nope. As bad as it sounds it all flew away with the wind.. the inside of the shop is dusty though.
Speaking of homecoming I didn't go to the game or the dance, but I was in the parade. It was pretty awesome! I'll post some pictures in the morning. Also went on a hunting trip as soon as I got done with the parade. 250 miles away in Comins, MI. First long trip in my truck.. but unfortunately I drove on a flat there and back.. I also experienced my first mechanical problem, the whole underside of my truck is coated with oil. Big leak and I am still trying to find the source. All in all, it was a blast!

Attachments

Last edited:

mattg2448

I went mudding, and thee outcome was, dirty!

About 3 weeks ago i drove my truck to school and came out there was a 4ft diameter circle of aintifreeze under my truck, about a gallon lost. I ordered some water/exhaust manifold gaskets, those should be here any day, then time to test my mechanic skills! I also found a 2 inch long bondo crack on my fender, got that all welded up just gotta finish grinding and re-bondo and paint.

I miss my truck, gotta get her fixed!

Attachments

Last edited:

mattg2448

Well, id say its time to update. I brought my truck into the garage last week, started to tear it down to fix that coolant leak, took alot of pictures, and now have it back together with new gaskets. The old gasket was ripped and worn, you could tell where it was leaking from. Also all the coolant hoses to the water manifold were dry rotted, so i bought new ones, and a few extra undersized ones. :oops: As that was torn apart, i got a tool set for Christmas, so i got to use the new tools to put everything back together. Went together without a hitch.

When i painted my truck, i toke some pictures on my old phone, which reset loosing all my pictures, but the worst of all, i lost my registration number. So 2 days ago, i went out and bought some cheap stencils, and thanks to CARNAC, i painted my new numbers on the door panels.

Thanks to my mother, she is cutting me out the required stencils to paint everything else with!

Also got some rubber mats from a buddy, so i put it to good use and made floor mats! Ill take pictures of progress tomorrow.

Attachments

dpms101

Matt ,
I have to say that you did a very nice job painting your truck ,I paint tractor trailers for a living and by the looks of your pics Im impressed for a teenager to do that and to use the PPE great job .
Let us know how your mechanical work turns out

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Matt- Seems you have a great work ethic and are developing some great skills! Not just the painting, but digging into the water leak issues. These skills and the can-do attitude will stand you well in any career that you should choose! I get crazy when I hear people excuse gang-bangers and vandals by saying that "there is nothing in this small town for them to do" and "they wouldn't be doing drugs and shooting people, if we just set them up with midnight basketball" You are the proof that they are full of S(*%$#. You rock man! Keep it up.

mattg2448

Thanks guys!

Got some stuff done today. Filled up the coolant, ran it up to temp, re torqued the bolts, check for leaks, and the verdict is, ITS GOOD! Awesome stuff, now I'm allowed to drive to school with out getting b*chted at for blowing coolant everywhere... :oops:

My ma made me them stencils, and boy are that awesome! Everything came out great with out any problems.. Except the fuel level one, i dont know what went wrong, but it got f***ed! It is bad, had to repaint the whole tank.. Better luck tomorrow..

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks