• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saveable ? What's it worth ?

frodobaggins

Ok guys, what's this thing worth. The pictures don't tell a lot of the story.
I prodded all over it, and it's not rusted out, just extremely nasty and dirty.

Truck is complete, rear half is on another chassis.

Guy wants 500 for it, don't think I'm gonna go there :)

Has no title, but I did some research and got that worked out. So I can get a title.

I want this to fix and drive.

Give me your opinions please :)

Thanks,
Kevin

Attachments

bryan70546

Maybe you could see if that rapper feller on pimp my ride can help on this one .Are maybe Chip Foose on overhaulin .A little simple Green , well maybe ALOT of simple green and she will as good as new .Hell it will buff right out.:-D

Carter

Just add up what the individual parts cost from some of the truck dealers and you might find a true value of what's there. Try to find a good radiator for under $100, good luck, fenders not rusted out are getting scarce also. The hood alone is probably $100, with all that's there it might be more valuable than most would think from just looking at the pictures.

WPNS421

I think $100 is about right, there apppears to be some good parts, do you have the tailgate? A good tailgate is worth the $100++. Figure all the good parts and the rest goes to scrap??

goldneagle

I am gonna give you an A for the effort on the pictures! Good detail shots for us to assess. Frodo you gotta get out of the dump or one day it's gonna kill you!

The engine's been converted to 12v, but someone (the ARMY?) put composite turn signals on the front. I've seen people start with less, and you could get your $$ back if you took it just to sell the parts, especially if you get the cab top bow from the other one and whatever else is there. I'm afraid the cleanup labor cost you'd have to throw in, tho.

Sorry, forgot you said you wanted to fix it and drive it. Like I said, I've seen people start with less. Look up CARTER on the G741 page for one instance. It'll have to be a labor of love, and you'll need about $1,000 in parts (fuel tank, diffs, brakes, misc. engine work) + another $1K for wiring + $600 for tires. You could probably find an okay running truck for $3-4K, a real nice one for $6-8K without the year or so worth of labor and parts hunting.

Last edited:

jmh4x4

let us know if you get it, I'm gonna go out and buy stock in Motrin, cause that looks like one big headache. :-D

joking aside, it will keep you busy during the winter

WPNS421

If you really want an M37, I have one that has been rebuilt, engine redone , new electrical,new brake lines, new gas lines inside of the cab redone. Needs someone to tune the engine and repair a few dings during snowremoval(minor).. It comes with a comm shelter that has a complete switchboard, not the SBsb-22/pt but larger, trailer 3/4 ton and generator(condition unsure. $6500 obo. Missing a good tailgate. see our website MilitaryTrucks.ca Website . I rebuilt my M37 and it was in much better condition than the one in the pictures, it took us over 2 years and about $4500.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks