• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saw This on a Diesel Heater Forum

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, the base frame is made from impact-resistant super strong steel while the shock-absorbent hangers allow flex in case of ground contact. The tank body is a tough polymer that resists rock chips. And we all know that impacts happen at the bumper and not underneath the truck. Should, against all odds, the tank be punctured it will safely drain to the ground and not make a mess inside the truck or a compartment. It's all good!

coachgeo

Wow, great idea, just what I need for my build, thanks for sharing, I always wanted to go out with a Bang. ☠😉
diesel would not go bang.... it is harder to ignite via spark.

only way I can think of (if they owner has a brain) that he feels this is not as huge an issue as folk are making it..... is if above the tank is either a floating trap door w/nothing above it or its inside a cupboard with nothing above it..... so if it gets hit down there... it mostly just pushes the tank up. In theory.

coachgeo

Agreed, but seeing the execution of the tank, I shudder to think of what adding a remote fill option would look like in this scenario. Any pics of that?
this is what lends me to believe the space above it is open and tank can be lifted out for filling. but hard to say. close inspection of pic looks like on right side there is a latch. Wonder if that spot was formerly an undercarriage spare tire area... hence why not so concerned if it hangs no lower than spare use too???

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What could possible go wrong?

Seriously, I was amazed how many people thought this was just a brilliant idea.

The guy was poo-poo'ing any suggestions to add any puncture protection.

View attachment 887898
The same ones cheering them on are the ones giving out participation trophies to everyone……

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The same ones cheering them on are the ones giving out participation trophies to everyone……
Since it appears to be on a 2wd van, the odds are decent that it will survive essentially unprotected like that for a long time, allowing the defective genes to be passed along to the next generation. I would definitely vote for a substantial skid plate and / or for having it not be the lowest item in that general area...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks