• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saw This on a Diesel Heater Forum

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm wondering if it has a gas engine, not diesel, for the prime mover? Then again, it may not be appropriate to inject logic here...
Well my thought behind the statement being 99 percent of the vehicles on this forum being diesel and using diesel fired heaters wouldnt need a blatter underneath their frame to mash and high center on /destroy !

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going with a little Chinese diesel heater.

I've followed them for years and with a few minor tweeks they can be made both safe and dependable.

For a couple or three grand more you can get a Webasto.

You can, I can't...

:p
Ah do i punch in ( LITTLE CHINESE HEATER) ???? What brand /type i know youve been studying this a while and i havnt ! I thought it might be a good back up if the mini split went down in a hard freeze . I LIKE REDUNDANCIES and cheap as possible !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I actually wonder what a DOT LEO would do\have to say if he\she spotted that upon a routine vehicle inspection?
I cant think of any senario where the dot or leo would be giving a private motor home an inspection of any kind . Any private motorhome with beds and running water constitutes a dwelling which has to have a search warrant and with no probable cause they can articulate to a judge over the phone to search for a diesel fired heater would make for a ILL JUDGE ! LOL The only LEO type that might get on a motorhome would be customs and imigration at a border crossing and all their looking for is dope/guns/liqour/tobacco/ that you didnt report at the first booth that you had on board .

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I cant think of any senario where the dot or leo would be giving a private motor home an inspection of any kind . Any private motorhome with beds and running water constitutes a dwelling which has to have a search warrant and with no probable cause they can articulate to a judge over the phone to search for a diesel fired heater would make for a ILL JUDGE ! LOL The only LEO type that might get on a motorhome would be customs and imigration at a border crossing and all their looking for is dope/guns/liqour/tobacco/ that you didnt report at the first booth that you had on board .
Sometimes, I've seen trucks and motorhomes pulled over at portable scales....I ain't an LEO and don't claim to be.....I wouldn't like that hanging under my truck, or actually to be following it on the highway......I don't know if anything visible from the outside of the vehicle requires a search warrant.....IDK

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes, I've seen trucks and motorhomes pulled over at portable scales....I ain't an LEO and don't claim to be.....I wouldn't like that hanging under my truck, or actually to be following it on the highway......I don't know if anything visible from the outside of the vehicle requires a search warrant.....IDK
NO NO I was refering to them going inside looking for a diesel fired heater you were refering to the fuel tank underneath picture my bad !

Third From Texas

I actually wonder what a DOT LEO would do\have to say if he\she spotted that upon a routine vehicle inspection?
I'm pretty sure that in Texas it's illegal as f*** (ie: strapping a boat gas tank under your car).

But our DPS Troopers are always looking for stuff strapped under vehicles. Something like this croossing a checkpoint like Sarita?.....yeah, "Sir, I need you to pull over to the inspection area" <as you hear the K9's barking to come out and play...and the one guy in overalls off to the side sparks up the cutting torch>

Last edited:

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going with a little Chinese diesel heater.

I've followed them for years and with a few minor tweeks they can be made both safe and dependable.

For a couple or three grand more you can get a Webasto.

You can, I can't...

:p
I'm going with the one that came with my box:
Hunter UH-68G1 60,000 BTU multi-fuel heater. It had two but I sold one.

Third From Texas

I'm going with the one that came with my box:
Hunter UH-68G1 60,000 BTU multi-fuel heater. It had two but I sold one.
I tried it a few winters. Just to much for the box (ran 10 mins for 30 seconds of heat). And I don't like sleeping with earplugs (I may still have the db meter readings of that thing running thru all it's cycles). Took mine out. May heat the garage with it for when I'm working on stuff in Februarys.

;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks