• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Second Bi-Annual TX MV Rally

Maverick1701

Im out, Deputy Gillie is tore up pretty bad after the accident and is going to surgery (Again) later tonight. My Sheriff asked if I would stay....this is a little more important than the rally so I gladly said yes.

I will gladly pay my fees, just let me know where to send money. I want to keep this event alive so I can make it in 6mo for the next bi-an tx rally...

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im out, Deputy Gillie is tore up pretty bad after the accident and is going to surgery (Again) later tonight. My Sheriff asked if I would stay....this is a little more important than the rally so I gladly said yes.

I will gladly pay my fees, just let me know where to send money. I want to keep this event alive so I can make it in 6mo for the next bi-an tx rally...
No worries Maverick, take care of what you need to do. The rally will always be here.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Maverick:
Please let Deputy Gillie and his family, as well as your Sheriff's Department, are all in our prayers.
We pray for his surgeons and all of his caregivers, that their hands be guided toward his quick and complete recovery.
May God also bless you for stepping up to the plate and putting others before you desires.
Amen.

John & Dianna
San Angelo, TX

two.fiveM35

Are we going to be able to have a fire, or am I thinking to much like boy scout campouts? I have some cedar fence board if you need some.

Last edited:

nofearnohope

Maverick, we are sorry you can't make it, but understand why and applaud you for that. Please pass on our best wishes to your coworker for a speedy recovery.

two.fiveM35, we are definately ok for a fire so bring anything you wanna burn.

Barrman

Colton is still home sick with a fever. It is below 100° at least now. We still plan to be there. Since Scott and White is our doctor, being 5 miles away at the Rally is better than being 60 miles away with him home for the weekend. Out of respect for others though, if he still has a fever, I might leave him home to be brought by Jennifer if he gets better. She wants to do Yell as well. So, she will come up later Friday night for that. She is '93.

Pistolnut came by the house last night to pick up all the tow bar stuff to get his M715 to the Rally.

Boxcar has his truck all prepped and ready to go to.

I should be ready to go tonight once I undo all the stuff needed for me to make the Ft. Sam trip yesterday in the M715.

CyrusX4

So does anyone know what the projected final head count is? And how many of those people are going to show up tonight?
I can't wait to hit the trails :mrgreen:

Barrman

There are a lot of "Yes, count me in" types that haven't posted in a long time. We probably won't know the count until it is over. We should have at least 6 or 8 different "family units" at a minimum tonight.

Colton's fever broke a little after 2100 last night. He is feeling great now and since he can't go to school, is calling me at work every hour to talk about the trip. He wants me to get the M1009 up there too so he can drive it.

I plan to leave work be be without the computer around 1600. If for some reason anybody needs to call me. 979-540-8478. See everybody tonight.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I broke a tooth in half. I do not think I could have a good time, and can not be seen by a dentist on such short notice. I do not know what might help, maybe hitting my hand repeatedly with a ball peen hammer would distract me from the tooth.

I can't believe in dallas Texas I can not find a dentist that can at least look at the tooth, say, "yeah that is cracked right in half", and send me home with some kind of vicomorphaqualaudideine until Monday. I wish I could sleep. Of course I have not called them -all- there are hundreds but I have given up. I am not complaining about dentists, they are usually pretty booked up, I think it is their secretaries who are not actually asking the Dr. if he can see someone for an emergency. The secretary refuses to secrete an appointment. The circumstances are not working out that is all.

marshalltx

I'm heavily considering 'joining the club' of M35A2 owners, and was hoping the rally this weekend would be a good chance to conversationally learn about these vehicles with regards to knowledge base for maintenance, rolling cost of ownership, etc. Is this the right even for this? Seems like this might require a good amount of family attention by those who could educate/discuss. I would be coming from DFW, so I would want to have the correct expectations before the 5hr drive.

Thanks,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks