• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Second Bi-Annual TX MV Rally

pistolnut

I had a good time on the trails, I'm always amazed at how well a 43 year old truck can perform. Even though there was a hill I couldn't climb I had a blast. The old truck wouldn't start Sunday morning, it turned out to be just a stuck float valve, the truck is running better now than in some time since it got some exercise.

The best part of these events is meeting the people. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again in March.

Barrman

We had a great time as well. I haven't gotten my pictures off the phone yet though.

Lost all the wheel studs on the drivers rear tire of the trailer about 20 miles from home. Allen chased down the bouncing wheel while I tried to get stopped and off the road. Since Pistolnut still had my tow bar set up to get his M715 home and was 20 miles behind us already home. We put the M715 behind a barn behind an abandoned house and started on with a 3 legged trailer.

We made it about 2 miles before the only tire left on that side of the trailer let go. Seems when the rear tire left the trailer, it moved the fender into the front tire, we didn't see it and it burned through. Of course, all my tire changing stuff was in the back of the M715 so I could get to it real easy. Allen went back to get it, beat the fender back, changed the tire and went on home without issue. Jennifer drove me back up so I could drive the M715 the rest of the way home.

I made it to my Scout Eagle BOR in time and he passed. My first Eagle as a leader. I will put up the pictures after I get home tonight.

txdodge43man

Pic 1 thats the EM-50 project

Pic 5 I wish I had got a picture of your GF's face as we pushed her back down the hill priceless:beer:

Pic 10 It belongs to the power company I was told its for pulling fifth wheel trailers around in the mud

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Chief 9-Flats, does losing a tire count as a flat? What does that make it now 10,11 or 12?

Last edited:

Barrman

I am Chief 12 flats now. Starting with the 2008 Colorado M715 trip to yesterday.

Thanks for the pictures of Colton driving Charles. It was funny to hear him talk about how much fun this was until we went down a pretty steep curvy washout. "You better drive now, you better drive now, you need to drive now, you need to drive now, Dad, you need to drive." We safely made the bottom and I asked if he wanted me to drive? "No, I got it."

Having Fuzzy and his Liberty as a scout car is both good and bad. It got stopped on easy stuff, but could go places the rest of us couldn't even consider. Fun time had by all I think.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Having Fuzzy and his Liberty as a scout car is both good and bad. It got stopped on easy stuff, but could go places the rest of us couldn't even consider. Fun time had by all I think.
Give it a few years until the engine chalks up the miles and needs a replacement (estimated to be 2032 at current level use). I'll drop in a 4BT or equivalent with a lift kit, add a turret hole like the cucv's have, winch, and towbar kit to pull behind the deuce. Woop! We might have to do some challenges against the 715's and cucv's. :grd:

Attachments

nofearnohope

Thanks to everyone who came out and made this gathering as much fun as it was. I look forward to seeing everyone in March. New thread for that gathering to start later this week.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks