• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Second Bi-Annual TX MV Rally

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When can people actually arrive? That will determine travel plans. SGT Slaughter wants to camp in a hotel !?!?!!! so we might drive down Friday evening and find lodging.

Chris, I am coming from Dallas via pickup truck. If the timing's right I could follow a convoy which might be fun but the plans are not laid yet. That is why I have not replied about fuzzytoasters inquiry for a ride for someone in Temple which would mean taking I-35 & 203 miles vs instead of I-45 $ 178 miles.

nofearnohope

We can get into the park as early as 5pm, but I am shooting for 6pm. I have taken the day off to get all of my stuff together, so if anyone arrives earlier than 5pm, I will find us a place to start gathering until we can get into the park.

For those that don't have my cell, it is (979) 324-7179. Feel free to call as you are getting close to town for final directions if you have trouble finding the place.

Barrman

Boxcar, Pistolnut and my self should be at the gate between 1800 and 1830 or at least real close to that time.

For anybody coming from the Austin area, Boxcar will be whistling his way out of Red Rock around 1600 on FM 20 to 71. Then TX-21. Whichever one of us gets to the road side park on 21 just a few miles North of US-290 at FM2440 near Manhiem will wait for the other to show. I hope this will be around 1700-1715. Then we will collect Pistolnut in Caldwell. Pistolnut will be driving his EM-50 and flat towing his M715. That should put us at the park a little after 1800.

Boxcar is A&M Corps class of '91 and I am '90. We will probably take our kids to Midnight Yell in my trailered up to the Rally behind the M35 M715. If we can get set up and fed in time that is. Anybody else thinking about Midnight Yell?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boxcar, Pistolnut and my self should be at the gate between 1800 and 1830 or at least real close to that time.

For anybody coming from the Austin area, Boxcar will be whistling his way out of Red Rock around 1600 on FM 20 to 71. Then TX-21. Whichever one of us gets to the road side park on 21 just a few miles North of US-290 at FM2440 near Manhiem will wait for the other to show. I hope this will be around 1700-1715. Then we will collect Pistolnut in Caldwell. Pistolnut will be driving his EM-50 and flat towing his M715. That should put us at the park a little after 1800.

Boxcar is A&M Corps class of '91 and I am '90. We will probably take our kids to Midnight Yell in my trailered up to the Rally behind the M35 M715. If we can get set up and fed in time that is. Anybody else thinking about Midnight Yell?
Future class of '12, dont leave me out! :jumpin:

Maverick1701

I might have to bail like a chump....depends on what the doc says
One of our deputies got into a wreck on the hwy and ended up in NW Tx hospital in amarillo...I dont know how this is going to change days off.
Will know more once my Sheriff gets back from amarillo

nofearnohope

I might have to bail like a chump....depends on what the doc says
One of our deputies got into a wreck on the hwy and ended up in NW Tx hospital in amarillo...I dont know how this is going to change days off.
Will know more once my Sheriff gets back from amarillo
Pass on our best wishes for your deputy and we hope he recovers quickly.

OL AG '89

Hadn't considered YELL practice...... that changes the plan a hair... I'll have to check with the rest of the gang, I know the son would be up for it!!! just have to figure out the rest of the logistics for the travel trailer....
Had a plan for 3 months and now this.......

Mudstone

anyone gonna be traveling I-35 at any point that me and the ol lady can link up with? I think we are gonna be able to make it.

nofearnohope

I need to get a count of anyone wanting to stay for the local Veteran's Day parade on Sunday at 2:30. We need to submit the number of trucks that will be lining up. So far it is going to be my truck and two.fiveM35's truck. Everyone is invited, but I know some of ya'll have a long drive back and want to get an early start.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So 5-6PM Friday?

Quick update for the rally. I am working with Ft Hood to arrange 1 or 2 helicopters to come out and land at the camp site Saturday. More than likely it will be an AH-64 Apache and possible a CH-47 Chinook. This is still in the works and not a sure thing yet, but wanted everyone to know what may be coming.
Do we have LZ markers and someone to control the landing?
We ought to check the LZ for foreign objects, not so much because they could be sucked in, but they could be blown by the rotor blast. Last time I experienced rotary wing landing, I got a face full of pebbles and dirt. Just thinking about safety.

Last edited:

Traxx

I would like to go but don't have a MV, only a jeep. Besides I must clear it with "SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED" I would really like to meet some ya'll and see your vehicles up close.
Carl

nofearnohope

OPCOM, the helicopters were denied this time. I know how to request them next time, but was not able to pull it off for this rally.

Traxx, you don't have to own an MV, just have a love for them and their preservation.

jschaaf, sorry to hear that. Hopefully we will see you at the next rally in March.

OL AG '89

I'll put mine in for the Sunday parade..... Might need to find a Bird Bath to clean her up a bit after the trails.

Any word on status of trails at BVORR? I read the website and it mentions they tend to close some when they have alot
of rain. B\CS get the rain that we got in Houston Area?

CyrusX4

I would like to go but don't have a MV, only a jeep. Besides I must clear it with "SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED" I would really like to meet some ya'll and see your vehicles up close.
Carl
You wouldn't be the only guy there with just a Jeep. Myself and two others are showing up in ours and would love to add more. From my understanding you'll have more fun with a Jeep out there anyway as the big vehicles can't handle a lot of the trails.
Hope to see you there. [thumbzup]

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Carl
Haha..I've got a jeep, and its not as prepared as yours is by the looks of it.

Mudstone

soo uhh... anyone coming from okc area? if not what time is anyone from dallas meeting and where? i might try to link up with you guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks