• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seems like this is turning into a build thread.

cucvrus

I seen 2 CUCV's that had a slave cable port on the rear bumper. One was an M1009 and the other was a Pickup. It was not OEM but none the less they were there. Power points for whatever. Are the cables you have long enough to reach a certain point front or rear. Possibly a 24-volt winch. Heaven knows 40 years later.

CARC686

I seen 2 CUCV's that had a slave cable port on the rear bumper. One was an M1009 and the other was a Pickup. It was not OEM but none the less they were there. Power points for whatever. Are the cables you have long enough to reach a certain point front or rear. Possibly a 24-volt winch. Heaven knows 40 years later.
The wires ended right at the grommet where the 24v radio cables pass through the floor pan as if somebody just snipped them off. It did cross my mind that the license plate recess on my bumper could be a great place for a 24v winch, but then winches are shockingly expensive, so probably not.

CARC686

Let there be light. Thank you to @WWRD99 for the NPS adjustment procedure and thank you to @cucvrus for the bulbs.

View attachment 932592

Anybody know the pinout on these? Goal is to power the flood light with the trailer reverse circuit.

View attachment 932594

View attachment 932595
AI doesn't know what it's talking about most of the time, so as a rule, I tend not to listen to it, but it did just tell me that the M1009 trailer connection has no reverse light provision, and given four wires, that covers ground, run, turn, and brake. It's probably true. Bummer.