• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selling in the Forums

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, STOP posting items for sale, in the FORUMS. Sell only in the classifieds.

If you don't know the rules, Please take a minute and read or reread them now. Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite - Forum Rules

Do we need to make everyone read and check off an "I accept" on every single rule listed? We can also force everyone to read the rules everytime you log in. Is that needed, to get the majority, to follow the few simple site rules?

Please help us keep this site running smoothly and follow the rules.:wink:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Posting current needs is allowed. Basically, we do not want the classifieds to be avoided.

The Classifieds is Free to all non commercial users. Please use it to sell your stuff.

It simply clogs up the Forums and gets lost, when things are sold/posted in the Forums.(people can't/don't shop the forums).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deuce10X10, perhaps you are right. Like anything else it takes time. The Mods can't do that and we are looking into having the admins help. On the other hand, you rarely see folks peeing in the corner of the local steakhouse because they can't find the restroom, they usually ask someone!

zyrtecx

I know, I did not even know that there was a classified section... I found it be accident! I posted item and finally figured out have to view the additional pages...

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does this include commercial vendors that are giving a special deal?

This topic has been brought up, and is currently in discussion amongst the Admins and Mods.

btw, Are you planning to become a vendor, drgreg? Drop Mangus580 a pm and you can discuss commercial advertising if interested.

Last edited:

gunboy1656

Or how about a topic/ thread saying I have this posted in the classifieds. This way you dont have 100's of them, they would all be in one location.

Sort of like how the ebay ones are listed here. Cause I know some members cant find the classifieds, dont know they are there... and some just probably dont care.

Make sure they include the link to their item(s).

1stDeuce

Hey Mods/ Admin, might I suggest replacing the "New Posts" link at the top with "Classifieds"?? Why would we need a "New Posts" link when that is the same as you get if you just go to ss.com, or if you click on the SS banner at the top. (Isn't this how everybody refreshes the list?? It should be!!)

Just a thought. You all do a bang up job, and I'm thankful for the work you all do to keep this site moving along at convoy speed. Which reminds me, I haven't contributed in a while... I'll fix that right now!
Chris

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Mods/ Admin, might I suggest replacing the "New Posts" link at the top with "Classifieds"?? Why would we need a "New Posts" link when that is the same as you get if you just go to ss.com, or if you click on the SS banner at the top. (Isn't this how everybody refreshes the list?? It should be!!)

Just a thought. You all do a bang up job, and I'm thankful for the work you all do to keep this site moving along at convoy speed. Which reminds me, I haven't contributed in a while... I'll fix that right now!
Chris

Personally, I use the "New Posts" button all the time. There is no need to replace anything in the shortcut banner, just add another button up there that takes you to the classified section.

mangus580

Why do we need a special link? Its in the Resources menu (which oddly, it was on the old site too) and its also a link off the Random Classified block.

scooter01922

DITTO, ya see the "new posts" button is REALLY handy if you don't get on the site for a day or 2. Hit that button and you can see all you missed and not just what is still on the front page.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks