• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SHC35 and SHC60 Battery

rolling18

You people that got your heater running,

does yours make it continuous clicking sound like tick tick tick every few seconds?

Or a sounds like it's coming from the control box?

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the heater working this weekend. Ran for 15 minutes. Charging indicator never came on...Anyway to verify charging system is working?
It can take sometimes a half hour or more for the TEG to reach enough output to initiate charging. If you need to check the TEG, there are two terminals coming out near the combustion chamber end-- you can check there for voltage output. Bear in mind, it can fluctuate with temperature. If you are showing voltage there, then look at the switchover relay on the main board---- they like to stick.

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It can take sometimes a half hour or more for the TEG to reach enough output to initiate charging. If you need to check the TEG, there are two terminals coming out near the combustion chamber end-- you can check there for voltage output. Bear in mind, it can fluctuate with temperature. If you are showing voltage there, then look at the switchover relay on the main board---- they like to stick.
Also bear in mind that the charging system also looks at battery state before switching over to the TEG to charge-- if it sees high enough voltage on the battery, it will not activate until battery voltage comes down--- In my case, when I use two car batteries versus two smaller batteries with my adapter, it will take longer for the charging cycle to kick on with the larger batteries.

torp5061

Also bear in mind that the charging system also looks at battery state before switching over to the TEG to charge-- if it sees high enough voltage on the battery, it will not activate until battery voltage comes down--- In my case, when I use two car batteries versus two smaller batteries with my adapter, it will take longer for the charging cycle to kick on with the larger batteries.
Great information...Thanks!

torp5061

You know I already make a battery adapter for these-- it addresses the temp sensor and heating element issues----- I don't advertise as much as I should but several members here have bought them......

Anyway, battery size does not matter as long as they are matched relative to one another (i.e. don't use a group 31 with a lawnmower battery)---- the heater looks at charge rates and if it sees an imbalance, it will throw a code and shut down-- it may not do it right away but it will happen sooner or later.

Z
heater is shutting down after 10 minutes,
error code 18 ...any suggestions?

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at the thermal breaker under the rubber plug on the lower body of the heater. Even if it is still pushed in, fully check it for continuity.

Z

Third From Texas

TM Troubleshooting (assuming OEM battery):

TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURE FAULT CODE 18 – BATTERY TEMPERATURE SENSOR
SYMPTOM Heater inoperative, the system fault light repeatedly flashes eighteen times, and repeatedly sounds eighteen audible warning tones. MALFUNCTION Loose battery connection.
CORRECTIVE ACTION Push the battery pack connector in securely and ensure locking tabs have engaged completely. Refer to WP 0005 00 if necessary. MALFUNCTION Damaged battery connector or wiring.
CORRECTIVE ACTION If the connector or wiring leading from the battery pack connector to the battery pack is damaged, replace the battery. Refer to WP 0043 00 if necessary.
MALFUNCTION Battery sensor malfunction.
CORRECTIVE ACTION Replace the battery with a known good battery, or a new battery. Refer to WP 0043 00 if necessary.
MALFUNCTION Damaged harness connectors or wiring.
CORRECTIVE ACTION If the connector or wiring on the inside of the heater from the battery connector to the main control board is damaged, replace the electronics box assembly, complete with wire harness IAW WP 0048 00.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks