• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show Me Your Campers!

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2128.jpgS-250 Shelter.jpg
Finally got a 250 shelter today. Anyone done anything cool lately they want to post up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dock, I just got my S-250 Shelter late last year and plan on getting started on it this summer. The first thing I recommend is getting the Shelter securely mounted to the trailer. The upper R/H picture is the set up being used by rustystud on his own trailer and shelter. It's one of the cleanest set ups I've seen so far. I think this is the set up I'll use on my own trailer and shelter.

Dock Rocker

Here is mine. I built it over an aluminum Schutt LTT flatdeck extended. Camper is steel frame under aluminum skin. Spray foamed. Fits an ATV inside with fold down beds. On board water, solar, propane. Converted to electric over hydraulic disc brakes. Made for off the grid camping.

That’s an awesome setup!

Dock Rocker

View attachment 765170View attachment 765171

Dock, I just got my S-250 Shelter late last year and plan on getting started on it this summer. The first thing I recommend is getting the Shelter securely mounted to the trailer. The upper R/H picture is the set up being used by rustystud on his own trailer and shelter. It's one of the cleanest set ups I've seen so far. I think this is the set up I'll use on my own trailer and shelter.
My 250 is going into an M-1101. Once I get the “body work” done fixing a couple of hole made by GI joe and his forklift and sealing all of the holes I don’t need that we’re made into the shelter I will drop it into the 1101 for good. My plan is to tig weld and bolt L brackets at each corner so that I can just bolt the shelter into place. If I need to remove it then I can just unbolt it and pick it strait up with the tractor.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 250 is going into an M-1101. Once I get the “body work” done fixing a couple of hole made by GI joe and his forklift and sealing all of the holes I don’t need that we’re made into the shelter I will drop it into the 1101 for good. My plan is to tig weld and bolt L brackets at each corner so that I can just bolt the shelter into place. If I need to remove it then I can just unbolt it and pick it strait up with the tractor.

I had the forklift modifications done on mine as well! Sounds like you've got a good game plan. Keep us posted on your progress.

Finallygotone

This is out 1978 Silver Streak, it is in even better condition on the inside, it was barn kept and I have it in my shop now, the wife wanted to know if the 5 Ton would pull it, let's see it weighs 5,200 pounds, it should, the picket fence was her idea, guess who built and painted it, I just need to get a crossover for the electrical connection on the truck or figure out how to make one.
Fence 4.jpg

Finallygotone

Thanks, I made that for pallets, first made a tool that takes them apart with out splitting them, cut them in half at a 45 degree and flipped it over and cut the other 45, everywhere you see the 45 degree on the bottom of the fence is where it comes apart, that was a lot of work but she and the dog approved it once finished.

ballencd

Sorry, That was directed to twa@ezdn.net from post #7. I've been looking for something to use for external skin on a camper and haven't had any luck so far and the PVC idea looked promising. I was thinking that the stuff they use on 18 wheeler trailers was PVC but it might be fiberglass???

Another Ahab

I've been looking for something to use for external skin on a camper and haven't had any luck so far and the PVC idea looked promising. I was thinking that the stuff they use on 18 wheeler trailers was PVC but it might be fiberglass???
Some of those trailers on the road are soft-sided now, but aluminum sheet is the standard skin isn't it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks