• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M35A2 KAISER,

Is it possible to get a little more information about your modification to that trailer? That gearing system looks great!

Any information and additional photos would be much appreciated!

M35A2 KAISER

Love those tail lights. How about a few dedicated photos of how/what you did? Thanks
The LED tailights are mounted in premade boxes made by Buyers Products, the boxes were made to be mounted horz. But they fit well vert. The little side marker LED clearence lights are neat little lights you drill a 3/4 hole for the gromet. I just cut the rear support for the bed side and the pocket for the side boards completly out of the way and put the box in its place, the box is heavy-duty and more than makes uo for the support removed.2018-05-22 14.59.09.jpg2018-05-22 14.59.59.jpg2018-05-22 14.57.59.jpg

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah I am an idiot and did not use the forum properly, it was on page 5. It was Posted by ​Justin WehringJustin Wehring

tobyS

Looks a lot like M322.

Does it have 20" on it or 22.5"?

I'm not liking my ramps and may plan a rear extension that goes down for a ramp.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I know but will allow someone who REALLY KNOWS identify it for you to avoid further confusion.
How much would YOU like to know Chaplain? I can assist...;-)

Mrmag1, the trailer that the Chaplain pictured is an Marine M322 EET (Engineer Equipment Trailer). They were used to haul backhoes and all-terrain forklifts behind the MTVR in the Marine Engineering units. As far as military trailers go, there were not many of them made because: 1. they were a Marine specific trailer and 2. they were an Engineer Division specific trailer. They were made by 3 different manufacturers in order as follows: Holden, Terex/Load King and Globe. The trailer pictured is a Holden and is one of the earliest versions, possiby even a prototype. I say this because the air lift lugs on the deck are above the deck where later versions had them recessed in the deck with covers. There are a few other differences I also see. Trailers will weigh around 11-12k, with a load capacity of 20k. The government contract price was between $30-40k per trailer. When I asked Holden what it would cost to build the same trailer in today's market I was given a $50-60k range if the same quantity was ordered. The Holden rep I've been speaking with for the last year oversaw the majority of the testing at Aberdeen Proving Grounds.

Screenshot_2017-07-25-13-14-08.jpg

new_pa1.jpg

Directly in front of the APC in the original picture are the air lift lugs above deck level. The picture below is of the recessed and most common design. Just showing the difference here and why I know that's a very early version.

20171215_140618.jpg

a trailer 007.jpg

Each manufacturer used a specific model number for their trailer but they all fall under the M322 designation. I have a Holden MTO20A1 model that I've been "cleaning up".

20180518_201317.jpg

20180202_101103.jpg

20180202_101043.jpg

Simp has a Terex/LoadKing model and uses it exclusively in his travels. They are very well built and designed trailers. He hauled my trailer down from NH on his trailer. Feel free to ask if you want more info.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
My m322 goes everywhere. Hauling a 931 on it at this moment. Hydraulic ramps and Jack's made it handy.

Chappie I honestly regret letting turd HMMWVs even get a ride on my trailer

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well that rules out the M322 for my use, looks like you need a 5Ton or better to hual that big girl around.
Sometimes it's good to put the cart before the horse. If you get an M322 then you'll have a perfect and unequivocally logical reason to upgrade to a 5 ton. Win/win situation...

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes it's good to put the cart before the horse. If you get an M322 then you'll have a perfect and unequivocally logical reason to upgrade to a 5 ton. Win/win situation...
Well I think I need to finish getting my M35A2C built first sir. I do however follow the lodgic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks