• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Site downtime - this sunday!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You old Farts are funny. What am I going to do? Sleep, I have an early pour on Monday Morning. Yay me!
I'm not a fart expert...but I would think an old fart smells much less raunchy that a "young"/fresh fart!

Awe poop...wait...I just smelled my diapers....never mind then!:-(aua

3dAngus

Upgrades can be quite complicated. Even when everything is "fully" tested, offline, totally unexpected things come up when it goes on line that require tweeking, and sometimes, even going back to the old version until a new get well date can be established based on issues found.

Usually, you hope for the best and expect it to take a short period of time, but only the inexperienced would allow himself to be nailed down for a time. Probably less than an hour, but several hours is not out of the question.

Sometimes you just gotta throw yourself out there and see. And even when it all works well, it can be expected the users on this board will find things not experienced or witnessed before so it might become a "work in progress" for a period of time. You just expect the unexpected.

Hope it all goes well.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the understanding and the well wishes. We'll get started sometime tomorrow morning or maybe closer to noon. It will be a lengthy process and may spill over to Monday depending on what kind of issues we run into. It will be a great upgrade and we are very excited to unveil it all!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Is there any way that a time can be set for the down time to start, rather then just sometime in the morning, by setting a time, members will know when they no longer can enter the site,

gunboy1656

Got my TM's downloaded, the GTA for the deuce downloaded for my preventative maintenance before my parade on Monday. Will miss the site when I am at work though, guess I will have to take some copies of MVM with me to help pass the time.

Good luck guys.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Tapatalk will still work fine with the new site.

Ron, members will know when the site is being worked on because it will be taken down and they won't be able to access it.

Follow us on twitter @steelsoldiers for updates and info during the outage. Thanks.

Capt.Marion

Go get 'em Drew and Chris!

We all appreciate y'all taking time out of your weekend (and late Sunday night and Monday morning) to take such good care of this site. Especially since you're rolling out major upgrades.. and sunsetting old features and rolling out new features with the upgrades, too.

Those of us on the site who work in IT all sympathize with your various inboxes as you perform these upgrades.

Csm Davis

Tapatalk will still work fine with the new site.

Ron, members will know when the site is being worked on because it will be taken down and they won't be able to access it.

Follow us on twitter @steelsoldiers for updates and info during the outage. Thanks.
Tweeter? Say it ain't so Chris! Heck most of us old farts don't even know how to spacebook:what: guess I will just go cut up more MV history :D:screwy:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For once the time difference is to my advantage. I can just browse happily through my Sunday morning and afternoon :jumpin: :jumpin:. In the evening I don't have time, and tomorrow morning all will be over :jumpin::jumpin:.

On a lighter note, I just fractured two ribs, so I have a lot of time browsing the new updated site. And please don't put up any funny posts, it hurts when I laugh rofl

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Grammar will count!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks